2 'English' headliners?

Guest 504329lt

Agreed, Muse would definitely be a MUST see for me if they were announced, however, I just don't see them playing this year. I don't think the album will be ready for June, and given the tour they did in support of Black Holes and Revelations they tend to do all the touring and festivals after the album is out..letting the tour stretch on a lot longer. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to rule out Kasabian, as they were mentioned a few times on this thread...they were quoted in NME as saying they wouldn't be playing any festivals this year as they wanted to concentrate on making their own shows massive and then coming back the following year to festivals so people didn't get "oversaturated" with them. I'm not really sure the logic in this, but it's Tom Meighan, so logic is probably not involved.

Too bad, I would have liked to see them somewhere other than a 50 person American bar, that's not the right atmosphere for "Club Foot."

I believe that's not correct tho, and they'll be seen at V festivals if not anywhere else.

Just a thought; Radiohead said at last years Rock Werchter festival that they were all massive fans of Neil Young (Who had played the previous day); and they would love to share a stage with him. - Co-headliners for Saturday night anyone?

- I think if Franz play, they'll be up against Blur or Springstein, headlining Other Stage with K West. - Radiohead=English, said they wanted to play Glasto on iR tour, this might be the last opportunity; as chances are they'll be bringing out a new Album late this year if sounds from the studio are to be believed.

--Alternatively, Muse will have to play Glasto again, before Reading/Leeds, but if the album isn't out by June - it won't be, so I'm saying Muse 2010, Radiohead as Eavis' surprise on Feb 1st; there's always one big surprise, I think they might be it.

-->Begrudgingly, it could be Coldplay. If it is, I might ask for a refund, or at least massive compensation Otherstage headliner-wise.

Just a thought; Radiohead said at last years Rock Werchter festival that they were all massive fans of Neil Young (Who had played the previous day); and they would love to share a stage with him. - Co-headliners for Saturday night anyone?
Edited by PAH030

Are we sure Neil Youngs headlining as he's not amercian ?

I know Micheal has a history of getting things wrong but i remember when he mentioned a New York rapper was headlining and at first everybody just assumed he'd got it wrong and meant Kanye.

just cos he got it right with Jay-Z doesn't mean he'll get everything else always right. He has a history of getting stuff like this wrong.

It's the case that a lot of people think that NY is American, so that by itself is good enough reason to think Eavis might well have got it wrong.

Added to that is the fact that the majority of his career has been US-based, and that he lives in California in a place called Woodside (at least he used to anyhow - I've driven past his house).

So what I'm saying is that there's plenty of reasons to think that Eavis has perhaps got it wrong.

TBH, if they are having a double-header one night, it would HAVE to be Springsteen and Young. They are wayyy more likely to have two big classic american headliners on one night that one on friday and one on saturday, think about it. Just makes sense that way.

As for friday (as blur will be sunday), I doubt it'l be the monkeys - they will probably have the new album out by then (they'v just started playing gigs again throwing in a few new ones - very dark, new album produced by Josh Homme, Winner), but it really is too soon.

I don't care if there's no chance at all, i'm still crossing my fingers for Radiohead.

No great fan of Coldplay myself. A rich man's Radiohead is about the highest praise I can give them. Urgh.

But with them having a big European tour throughout August and then the British dates in September (compared to just 2 festival dates for the Arctic Monkeys), given the close links between the band and the Eavis family and that they haven't played since 2005 I would have thought they must be quite likely.

My Predictions

Main Stage

Friday Night - Radiohead

Kaiser Chiefs

Saturday Night - Bruce Springsteen

Bloc Party

Sunday Night - Blur

Franz Ferdinand

Other Stage

Friday Night - Kanye West

- Estelle

Saturday Night - Arcade Fire