2 'English' headliners?

Guest 504329lt

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a bit out of the box but how about Led Zepp? I've heard many rumours recently of the band getting back together without Robert Plant and a replacement singer in his place. The rest of the band have all said how they would love to do more show and from what I understand are looking at a number of different singers. Glasto would be the perfect place for them to launch the tour after a few warm up gigs and they would go down a storm.

Just an idea but thought I'd out it out there and it ties with with the English band thing and ME going on about how excitited they are to have 4 massive acts for this year!!

Or maybe its all just wishful thinking on my part!

It may be a bit out of the box but how about Led Zepp? I've heard many rumours recently of the band getting back together without Robert Plant and a replacement singer in his place. The rest of the band have all said how they would love to do more show and from what I understand are looking at a number of different singers. Glasto would be the perfect place for them to launch the tour after a few warm up gigs and they would go down a storm.

Just an idea but thought I'd out it out there and it ties with with the English band thing and ME going on about how excitited they are to have 4 massive acts for this year!!

Or maybe its all just wishful thinking on my part!

I think it's unlikely and my post was slightly tongue in cheek, but they were rumoured on here until recently, and would fit 2 english/2 american if it was a play on words...which I doubt it was.

Can't see glasto going for neil young, the boss, and fleetwood as 3 of the 4 headliners.

Just to rule out Kasabian, as they were mentioned a few times on this thread...they were quoted in NME as saying they wouldn't be playing any festivals this year as they wanted to concentrate on making their own shows massive and then coming back the following year to festivals so people didn't get "oversaturated" with them. I'm not really sure the logic in this, but it's Tom Meighan, so logic is probably not involved.

Too bad, I would have liked to see them somewhere other than a 50 person American bar, that's not the right atmosphere for "Club Foot."