Fancy a ride

Guest zendeejay

I've just passed my full bike test and am toying with the idea of riding down, yes i know where am i going to carry everything (already thought of that, it's going in my mates mini bus). i just wanted to know if anyone has done it before or is going to do it this year.

we leave from newcastle if anyone fancies the mission..

someone asked about this last year.

there's a couple of threads /index.php?showtopic=82531&hl=motorbike">here and /index.php?showtopic=97083&hl=motorbike">here. there might be more if you do a more thorough search thn i just did.

1) Take a board to put under your centre-stand - you'll be leaving the bike there several days and the ground might get soft.

2) TAke a cover to go over the bike - discourages the curious

3) remove the tax disc.

4) leave your lid and boots etc in the lock ups

5) Don't overload the bike - even though you'll have an easier time than 4-wheel cages you'll still be doing a lot of clutch-slipping - overheating can happen easily.

6) if you're still there on the Monday morning/afternoon you'll probably be able to get your bike onto the camping areas - makes for a much easier get out.

7) Take a board etc etc ... :-)

8) Don't leave your buck-knife on your belt. Security will have it off you and it will "disappear".

Enjoy ...

MT

I've just passed my full bike test and am toying with the idea of riding down, yes i know where am i going to carry everything (already thought of that, it's going in my mates mini bus). i just wanted to know if anyone has done it before or is going to do it this year.

we leave from newcastle if anyone fancies the mission..

That's for wimps, my dad is going to cycle down from Leeds!!

He's doing John O'Groats to Lands-end the year after so is going to do it for practice as it's about half the distance.

I think he's a few nuts short of a pack!

Only thing I'm not sure about is where he's going to lock his bike up when he gets there. We're going to take it home on a bike rack on the car but are there any cycle locks of any type that he can lock it up in when he gets there?

He's doing John O'Groats to Lands-end the year after so is going to do it for practice as it's about half the distance.

Only thing I'm not sure about is where he's going to lock his bike up when he gets there. We're going to take it home on a bike rack on the car but are there any cycle locks of any type that he can lock it up in when he gets there?