Security in the family field

Guest bibligal

Hello,

We were wondering about the security in this field. Obviously, we will take all the usual precautions, but has anyone noticed a significant difference in crime, tent robbing, etc. I like to sleep with ear plugs, but I am wondering about the wisdom of this if tent robbing is a problem.

Thanks in advance....

J

it doesnt matter where u camp, ur a risk once on site.

i remember people thought it was safer to camp in family area @ latitude last year and then afterwards there were loads of reports of thefts, e.t.c... families = multiples of cash.

external security can only take u so far.

We were in the family camping area above the kidz field, all the families camped near us were looking out for each other and when some dodgy scrotes started to try and get through the fence quite a few blokes got up and chased them off. Don't know if they had been victims but they were on the ball.

I've been camping there for over 10 years now and never had a problem until last year - with the home made flag! It was much better when the wardens manned the entrances and asked everyone if they knew where they were going - put a lot of the dodgy people off I think. A 240volt flag pole would do the job. I hope to be there this year with my spongebob flag (will be setting up camp Tuesday evening, half way up the hill on the right side) - call in and say hello, even better camp close by and we can look after each other!! safety in numbers

I get in on Tuesday as I work with one of the exhibitors in the green futures field. Funny setting up when the field is so empty. You will have to get there early on Wednesday to have a reasonable pick of where you want to go. If nobody steels my flag this year spongebob will be flying high!

Oh I see! Well, I shall keep an eye out for the yellow porous one! That's great to get in so early.

, I always like to get to clubs/events early, see it all unfold and then stay as late as poss, watch it all dissolve away - it makes me feel like I'm really part of the whole thing, and also that I have contributed in a very small way just by being there!

Sad but true.

There were definitely thefts last year - I camped with my friend & her kids in Cockmills - but they also moved on a few people that had no 'right' to be there- the two young blokes who were looking for 'somewhere quiet to camp' after being suspected of theft but without proof - the police took them 'somewhere quiet to camp' ( I dont think they were evicted from the camp, but they were definitely moved from family. Made my friend, and the other people we met, feel much safer.)

mmmm - we put up two tents under the pylons in the family field last year - i noticed a circle of tents with a very moody atmosphere each time i made for the path - they had a fire burning the whole weekend - no kids to be seen - just young lads.late on Sunday, when most people had started to disappear - there was a standoff there with loads of security guys.

I did not see any 'wardens/security' manning the entrances last year. Saw a couple sitting near by but no attempt to check/challenge people. One year I seem to remember they had a section of block and mesh fencing part way across the entrance at the bottom and this channeled people past the wardens - much better set up in my opinion. Not sure why they stopped doing this. I also think the slow ticket sales last year had its part to play with security, allowing the bad element to get in again. I guess this is was ME calls 'the edge' and he's glad its back!!

Family camping all the way!! We are not taking our 8 year old this year, but still going to head to family camping to meet up with our Glasto family !!!

Hi folks, I'm a young lady coming to Glastonbury on my own for the first time this year and a bit concerned about my security (although I've never felt unsafe there before) - just wondering, would I be ok to camp in the family area even though I have no kids with me? Also do these areas fill up quickly?

Cheers!

Eth

Hi folks, I'm a young lady coming to Glastonbury on my own for the first time this year and a bit concerned about my security (although I've never felt unsafe there before) - just wondering, would I be ok to camp in the family area even though I have no kids with me? Also do these areas fill up quickly?

Cheers!

Eth