Exit Festival 09 to Melt! Festival 09 - anyone else doing both?

Guest ColFace

I've got my tickets bought for both Exit and Melt as well as my flights to Budapest.

The plan so far:

Wed 8th July: Fly Glasgow-Budapest. Get the 11pm train from Budapest to Novi Sad.

Thu 9th-Sun 12th: Party at Exit

Fri 17th-Sun 19th July: Party at Melt.

Mon 20th July: Fly back to Glasgow from Berlin

We're still undecided about the 4 days in between Exit and Melt. Considering spending a couple of days in Belgrade then flying to Berlin. Or getting the train back from Novi Sad to Budapest then heading from there to Melt.

Is anyone else planning a similar adventure? xx :lol:

• 2 months later...

:D

Hi ,

We are doing the same route from Exit to Melt. Have tickets for both and will be flying from Luton to Budapest arriving in the afternoon on the Wednesday :P

We are also undecided what to do in the four days between the two festivals.. After banging our 'eads together we have decided (probably) to get a bus at midday to Budapest , book a hotel that night, hang around city next day , then leave that same night to Berlin. Will spend a couple of days there on the Wednesday and Thursday then head to Melt on the Friday .

Leave on the Monday for Berlin for trip back to the UK. Though would of been cool to head to the dam for a couple of days but I think we're gonna be partied out by then :D

What ave you decided on ? :D

I've got my tickets bought for both Exit and Melt as well as my flights to Budapest.

The plan so far:

Wed 8th July: Fly Glasgow-Budapest. Get the 11pm train from Budapest to Novi Sad.

Thu 9th-Sun 12th: Party at Exit

Fri 17th-Sun 19th July: Party at Melt.

Mon 20th July: Fly back to Glasgow from Berlin

We're still undecided about the 4 days in between Exit and Melt. Considering spending a couple of days in Belgrade then flying to Berlin. Or getting the train back from Novi Sad to Budapest then heading from there to Melt.

Is anyone else planning a similar adventure? xx :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there.

We're flying from Budapest to Berlin on Thursday 16th July. One of my mates is flying back to Glasgow on Wednesday 15th so we'll probably go back to Budapest on the Tuesday and spend a couple of nights there.

Got hotel for Exit almost sorted, just need to pay for it to confirm it. Not sure what do to about camping at Melt. I'm not sure I can be bothered having to take over a tent and sleeping bag to Exit then drag it to Melt. And after a week of partying we are tempted to pay the £55 for the Mixery camping at Melt. You get a 3 man tent between 2, hot tub, exclusive toilets/showers etc. I'll probably need a bit of TLC by that point.

I can't wait but it'll be here before we know it. ;)

Hey there.

We're flying from Budapest to Berlin on Thursday 16th July. One of my mates is flying back to Glasgow on Wednesday 15th so we'll probably go back to Budapest on the Tuesday and spend a couple of nights there.

Got hotel for Exit almost sorted, just need to pay for it to confirm it. Not sure what do to about camping at Melt. I'm not sure I can be bothered having to take over a tent and sleeping bag to Exit then drag it to Melt. And after a week of partying we are tempted to pay the £55 for the Mixery camping at Melt. You get a 3 man tent between 2, hot tub, exclusive toilets/showers etc. I'll probably need a bit of TLC by that point.

I can't wait but it'll be here before we know it. :huh:

Cheers for replying

ColFace, which airline are you using to fly from Budapest to Berlin?

We are also probably going for the Mixery camping option, hope its sounds as good as it does on the tin... But still undecided as we may book a hotel close to the venue, any recomendations? Defo not the slogging the tent from one fest to the next, stuff that! Quite fancied going down the coast to Croatia after the fest but its getting to Berlin plus the hassle of the bus journey taking 12 hours :huh:

We still havent got accomodation for Exit but have the camping ticket as a back up (but chances of camping are very slim). Anyone know a good spot for two with aircon close to venue that's not ging to rip off a pair of pasty jocks?!

We're going with EasyJet for Budaoest -Berlin. Only costs something ridiculous like £24 each inc taxes and fees. We stayed in the NH Hotel in Dessau last year for Melt and Cool Tours were running a shuttle bus which was good enough. There were 5 of us though and we usually just took a taxi which was around 45 euros one way. I think Cool Tours are not using Dessau hotels this year though so not sure if there will be a shuttle bus. The Mixery camp is in a different field from the other campsites so no madness but you will be able to sleep and can wander into the other camping bit for a carry on.

I've got a reservation for Hotel Milka for a 4 person room:

http://www.intoexit.com/?page=Accommodatio...n=Hostels#milka

I've been in touch with another guy on this forum, TheHogg, as there are about 9 of them from Inverness going to Exit. They are going to be on our flight from Glasgow and are staying in the same hotel. Its pretty good value compared to some others. I'm not hugely comfortable either with staying in an apartment which is someone's house but they have just gone away for the Exit week to get a bit of dosh.

Cheers for the advice ColFace

Easyjet are the way ahead defo from Budapest ot Berin. Im gonna book these flights v soon

And the mixery sounds the way ahead at Melt

Ill email the Hotel Mika for a room for two, seems like a decent deal. As long as they have aircon. :D

Seems like Hotel Mika is gonna have a mass invasion of pasty scots on there hands come July!

If you have any details/ideas on a hostel/hotel in Budapest for the days between fests give me a heads up

Cheers

Ps Just been looking into Sziget in August, in Hungary, wonder if the credit card can take more of a beating! :blink:

Hello There,

I run this travel website that is specialized in festival travel www.hifli.me.

And i'm organziing trips to both Exit & Melt.. i've already worked on some group bookings for people wanting to go to both festivals. I am authorized by both festivals to sell fest tickets. for exit, i am also organizing coaches from both budapest and belgrade to exit and back, and for melt i'm also selling coach tickets from berlin and the mixery camp tickets.

I can also let you know off the cheapest flights from any location for you to book.

If anyone is interested, you can write me on roger@hifli.me.

Cheers,