Gomez

Guest refriedgenes

Good evening everybody, long time reader, 1st time poster.

Been to Glasto twice - yeah, I know that's not going to gain me too much kudos in the grand scheme of things, but I was there in 1999 for their sunset slot and it was AWESOME! Ben holding the note for a recorded 34 seconds - source it!

Returned back into the fold for 08 and was completely entranced by the wonder of 900 acres of field bound fun. What say anyone else we try and get these guys back for an Other Stage slot mid afternoon on any day - much misaligned live band, inexcusably shunned by the UK music press for being better than most things the NME can shove in your face!

Sorry if this sounds like a plug, it's not, but Bring It On!

Good evening everybody, long time reader, 1st time poster.

Been to Glasto twice - yeah, I know that's not going to gain me too much kudos in the grand scheme of things, but I was there in 1999 for their sunset slot and it was AWESOME! Ben holding the note for a recorded 34 seconds - source it!

Returned back into the fold for 08 and was completely entranced by the wonder of 900 acres of field bound fun. What say anyone else we try and get these guys back for an Other Stage slot mid afternoon on any day - much misaligned live band, inexcusably shunned by the UK music press for being better than most things the NME can shove in your face!

Sorry if this sounds like a plug, it's not, but Bring It On!

• 4 weeks later...

They have a new album out in March (www.gomez.co.uk), and I don't think they've played Glasto since 2004 (they were absolutely class, worth missing James Brown for), so could be a good shout for this year.

Doves & Gomez both with new albums out and possible Glasto perfomances?! f**k the economic downturn, 2009's looking good :)

I saw them do a festival set at the beginning of the year and they were very, very disappointing. I like Gomez and I'd seen them a few times before... but based on that performance I'd probably go elsewhere (definitely, if they were up against Blur on the Sunday night).

Edited by disasterplan44