Anyone else thinking of doing this?

Guest Robbie629

As I've already mentioned in the glastinflation thread I'm selling my car to fund paying off my remaining ticket balance. But up to now I've only had offers for well under the car's true value. I'm not willing to get ripped off, but I have no other way to pay for my ticket. So if I can't sell for a fair price before Jan 31st, I'm considering taking the tenner loss then trying for tickets again in April. What do you valuabe board members think of my chances in April?

Based on last year's sales I'd prob just risk it, but I'm worried that if the boss is confirmed demand will rocket and I could end up missing out on the best glasto ever. Any thoughts...?

i thought about it but then read this on the official site

"The deposit scheme will come to a close on February 1st. If you’ve paid a deposit for a ticket, then you need to pay your balance by 23:59 on Sunday February 1st.

From February 2nd a limited number of full price tickets will be available, subject to availability and registration. If you are buying a ticket outright you can also buy car parking or campervan tickets."

which would seem to indicate that as soon as the deposit scheme is over the rest will start being sold meaning there might not be any to sell in april.

id be happy to be proved wrong though but thats what the language used suggests to me.

Edited by Tugger2k

Certainly everything coming out from GFL suggests after the deposit scheme ends sales will just continue, this coupled with the comment in the thread about how many tickets are left stating 115000 sold or reserved so far and the talk of an announcement on or shortly after 1st feb points to waiting til april not being a wise idea

Good news:

PM announces assistance for Robbie629

The Prime Minister has today praised a Government package to help meet the cash flow, credit and investment needs of glastonbury festival attendees.

Speaking to MPs in Parliament during Prime Minister's Questions, the PM praised the support package announced this morning by Business Secretary Peter Mandelson, which includes a new £400 Festival Fund aimed at helping young potential revellers struggling to access finance or working capital for the festival.

Announcing the measures, Lord Mandelson said:

"UK festivalgoers are the lifeblood of the economy and it is crucial that Government acts now to provide real help to support them through the downturn and see them emerge stronger on the other side.

"We know that some people are struggling to secure the finance they need, not because of any failure in their budgetting but due to the tougher credit conditions. That is why we have designed a package of measures addressing different forms of credit and providing real help for festivalgoers."

The Government will provide banks with guarantees covering 50 per cent of the risk on silly hats and pear cider, securing up to £8 of working capital for dodgy burgers to ensure that tomorrow's hangover isn't "a bad one". The guarantee will free up capital to be spent on donations to charities you have never heard of, nose flutes, and for use in the real ale bar by the acoustic tent.

To help festivalgoers raise new long-term finance, the Government will also offer to invest in veteran festies who have shown high levels of dedication to the cause, in order to facilitate telling of stories about how "it's not as good as it once was". Further details will follow the announcement of Glastonbury headliners.

Edited by TomfromStroud

Good news:

The Prime Minister has today praised a Government package to help meet the cash flow, credit and investment needs of glastonbury festival attendees.

Speaking to MPs in Parliament during Prime Minister's Questions, the PM praised the support package announced this morning by Business Secretary Peter Mandelson, which includes a new £400 Festival Fund aimed at helping young potential revellers struggling to access finance or working capital for the festival.