The Glastonbury 2009 Flag thread

Guest Paul ™

I'd get the 6m pole if you're putting 2 full size flags on it. I used 5m last year and 2 on it at a couple fests was dodgy.

Also get your BT ticket soon, will sell out in a couple weeks I reckon after payday

Mikey, where did you get yours made? I'd like one this summer & 'that' fairy is just what I want. My artistic abilities are non-existent so I'd need one printing.

All done by my own fair hand, Dulux exterior undercoat for the white, fabric paint for the colours and 'permanent' marker for the black (which bled a bit during the 2007 monsoons :rolleyes: ).

If you'd like me to sort a flag for you, i'd be more than happy to give it a go. It'd give me something to do on these long dark winter nights (other than go to the pub ;) ).

Hmmmm... would you?

I love that fairy but I know I'd just make it look like a car crash if I tried to do it!

Edited by MikeyB37

Ok so you can get normal size shape flags most places, but where would I get a banner style flag.. say 10ft x 2ft?
Edited by MikeyB37

If you have a really good flag chances are it will be stolen, as was my kids spongebob flag last year - ours went from the safe haven of the family field along with my fishing pole being snapped in half. Suggest you rig the carbon pole up to the mains, that should keep it from going walkabout! (joking) seriously, be prepared to take a flag with you after hours of work for some miserable basta*d to run off with it. Fortunately ours was returned after a plea on this forum so it will be back in 2009:) see you all there

Me big Fluoro yellow flag will be appearing as always. Tis easy to spot, does what is says on the tin when guiding Efesters to a central spot...aka the Cider Bus and making a new flag is not an option on the road!

Good luck with all the flag making lovelies tho. I used to use a 4metre pole before it said byebye last year...and THIS year I WILL remember to take the flag back from the Cider Bus instead of leaving it there 2 nights on the trot. (Ta Mikey for coming along to rescue it with me :lol:)

• 1 year later...

*BUMP*

Some great homemade flags at on Pennards last year. :lol::P:lol:

Anyone got any more photos or stories about their own Camp Flags?

There were some inspired designs around the campsites ...

(Can't find illustrative photo to backup claim :P b*gger !)

There is still time to create a special flag for your camping area btw ! :P

Surely its time to start a 2010 thread to discus making one?

I am in two minds of making my own, I seen this and 2008's thread and feel inspired to created...then again I could just buy one as I am not the most artistic :P

At the moment if I do decide to do one, I think I am going do my own logo for :P, a few of us was discussing on twitter and I stretched a pun to Camp Twitangle...so I am thinking of having a red triangle with the twitter bird in the middle with the words Camp Twitangle (Might make it tweetangle incase people get the wrong impression :P) Maybe on a white flag as I would imagine the colours would be easier to put on :lol: but maybe a yellow background could be cool?