Pavement?

Guest FunkyChunkyMonkey

It'd be good, but pretty unlikely I'd think. Coachella pay a lot of money for artists, I mean they even got Prince to perform last year for something like 2 million dollars, so you know, it's a different kind of event.

I'd love it to happen though, so here's hoping...

Oh god, I'm struggling to breathe even thinking about this as a possibility. I don't even know how I'd cope, it would be just the greatest thing ever for me! Blur, Neil Young and Pavement? That would be beyond heavenly - I'd be in some kind of super-heaven...

Hmmm... well I asked Santa for Blur, who can I ask for Pavement? The Easter Bunny perhaps???

Wow I hope the thought of Glasto and all that it means does tempt them. Otherwise I'm going to be sitting in the UK exactly a month after getting back knowing Pavement are playing in California - gut.ted.

It's funny how in their abscence some bands can suddenly seem to become much more important than they were at the time. They were about 5th on the bill 10 years ago, and now there bing touted as headliners.

I'm actually a big Pavement fan, and saw them several times, although that Glastonbury performance had lots of sound problems and didn't really hit the spot. Looking back, I don't think they were a great festival band, but I'd still go to see them.

I can't see them being very high up the bill though. Probably another afternoon slot.

whilst I'd like to agree, the interview probably implies differently :lol:

"Kannberg added: "2009 would be our 20-year anniversary too, so that'd be a good time to do it, but I think that's too soon, it might have to be pushed back later. Coachella keep asking our booking agent but our booking agent's pretty strong. He's waiting for the right number, I think." "

From that, it'd probably count against them playing glasto I'd say...unless they do it to realise potential interest from bbc/media etc but then tv coverage only really applies to acts in the decent slots.

A john peel headliner/2nd or 3rd to last other stage slot...might tempt them; also will depend on what they're up to around that time. Luckily for Glasto, whilst it's never a big payer, it has the advantage of some festivals that pay big bucks the following week in roskilde/werchter...so some bands over to do those gigs, might be looking for other things to fill out their itinerary and make the trip more viable/worthwhile. Same could be said in reverse obviously about bands already booked for glasto.

Edited by FunkyChunkyMonkey

In '99 I had most of the contents of my tent robbed, basically anything that could be sold on. They left the free festival programme behind, which was just as well as it had my signed photo of Pavement, got earlier that day at the signing tent, tucked in it. I'd have been more gutted about losing that than I was about all but the clothes I was wearing.

Doh - I got it wrong about no direct reference to Coachella. Still think there is some momentum behind more than just a one-off

I think this implies the possibility of a tour.

"I don't see why not, you know, it could be a fun thing to do, go and play your favourite songs every night,"

Ralph I think your comments about Glasto's timings are spot on and to add to that - you know a lot of bands are curious to check out out Glasto.

In an ideal world I'd love a tour in same guise as when I saw them - supporting Sonic Youth - but I don't see that one happening.