Hop Farm Festival 2009

Guest Hi Its Me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i know 110 percent that the who is headlining one day and lenoard cohen for another... the 3rd is yet to be confirmed this isnt a public confirmation it is just a friend of mine has connections with organisers

not sure about the camping or prices but im not sure if ill go for the whole weekend but i realy want to see the who

• 2 weeks later...
About two weeks ago and then Ladyhawke self announced herself on her website when also confirming shes doing Glastonbury. I heard there was supposed to be a line-up announcement a week or two ago but it got delayed. Maybe cos so many "big" festies have announced in the last couple of weeks. Knowing Mr Powers line ups/festivals from the past, I bet when it comes out it will pretty amazing.

One of my work friends mum is on the petition board to get the festival band so they know alreay so now the infomation is leaked so they are 2 of the headliners still the 3rd one is yet to be leaked/decided.

saying this my work friend went last year and is going this year which I have found really wierd as his mum is campaning to get it shut down.

dont think i can attend this year monney is tight and already going to a small kent festival and reading.

I can't see Leonard Cohen being there. He's in Berlin on the 2nd, Antwerp on the 4th and Paris on the 6th. Seems pretty illogical (and tiring too) if he comes all the way back to the UK, plays the Hop Farm, returns to France and then heads back to the UK a week later.

One of my work friends mum is on the petition board to get the festival band so they know alreay so now the infomation is leaked so they are 2 of the headliners still the 3rd one is yet to be leaked/decided.

saying this my work friend went last year and is going this year which I have found really wierd as his mum is campaning to get it shut down.

dont think i can attend this year monney is tight and already going to a small kent festival and reading.

I would be surprised if the 'leak' is wrong but if so I appologise, I dont think the headliners have been announced yet and I still maintain the 'leak' is going to happen.

the line up looks good but I though they would have release bigger ones than this but like you said there is more to come.

Another thing I thought that it was a three day event £125 for just 2 days is quite a bit ?

No need to apologize mate, you were only telling us what you'd heard!

I really don't like the look of the lineup this year at all though, there's only one act I'd go see personally. And The Fratellis as a headliner are a joke.

However, it's still not been written in stone that Paul Weller is definately the headliner, so who knows, maybe The Who will turn up. I certainly hope so. Paul Weller and The Fratellis are a big step down from Neil Young last year anyway.

Agreed Fragtellis are shockingly awful live I only went to see them for the chelsea dagger song but they were awful.

Im a bit of an indie kid (a bit!) so I dont think its bad but its no were near what they made out it was going to be. But in others eyes people may think its wonderful.

It says there is another BIG announcement to come, but there big and ours I think are to different things.

Once again sorry about the stupid info but maybe if we keep my fingers crossed The who may come back.

Hop Farm 09??? Surely a classic piece of evidence to support the "too many festivals" case/

How much are the tickets? For one stage? With acts that are,at best , third on the bill at most other festivals? With very little variety? Some good acts but let's face it a pretty unimaginative line up??? £125?????? But hey...no sponsorship - like this really makes a difference. And hey...one price , one experience...basically like 90% of all other festivals. But with a mediocre bill. And only £125??? But at least there's no sponsorship , so it's not like anybody gets ripped off. Except any twat that buys a ticket.

They are two stages. But it is a big let down for the sat (fratellis and pigeon detectives are epic fails), altough the sunday is very good.

[/quote

Right. Still seems obscenely expensive. i am not saying that there aren't some solid choices on there but it's sooooo unimaginative - all a bit "rock" and not a lot else. What really gets me is this endless banging on about how it is for music lovers only. I mean obvioulsy V and Carling have made festivals branded but does it really take away from the enjoyment of the music??? And as for the whole one experinece thing - the same. Granted those two have a few corporate packeges on offer but for example , a Glastonbury ticket is a Glastonbury ticket. And if anything , this festival is branded - Vince Power! It is just another festival - and a pretty ordinary one at that from where i am sitting.