Oxegen 2009

Guest xlehx

Here is the best forum for all things Oxegen...

http://www.oxegenforum.com/index.php?sid=d...dfcd04004c26bac

Here is the official site

http://www.oxegen.ie/2008/

Unfortunately with the way the Euro is it is stupidly expensive if travelling from the UK.

Last tickets I saw were for 240+ euros, which is basically the same in £ now.

Obviously go to the Irish Ticketmaster site for booking tickets when they do come out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im going! Was in ireland two weeks ago and everyone i met said im wasting my money going to Oxygen... too late already bought a ticket! My mates and i are from australia and will be driving around ireland camping for a month so thought we would drop into the festival... the lineup is farking awesome!... hopefully that along with making our own fun wont end up being a waste of money!

• 2 weeks later...

can please someone help me out?

i've been to many festivals the last 10 years (a few fib, 7 rockamring, rockwerchter etc), but never been to oxegen. even never been to ireland <_< , i am from switzerland... i totally like the line up so far, adoring doves, james, elbow, glasvegas etc.

what is the atmosphere at oxegen? is it chilled or much aggressive? is there an easy access with the buses to and from dublin? i like to book a hotel in dublin for 3 nights and get back after the concerts by bus. is this an useful option? do i have to pay for the busses and are they in a walking distance from festival ground?

heard about security problems at that festival, is this true?

looking at the line up, i'm worried about heavy timetable-crashes...

thanks so much for some help!! :)

Edited by branvan

Ireland is nice... Oxegen is everything thats wrong with it. With that sort of festival pedigree behind you and the fact that you've been doing it for ten years tell me you are way too experienced to overlook Oxegens faults.

The festival is a fair distance from Dublin so you can expect at least an hour each way each day. The buses will probably cost you 20 euro A DAY return. They will drop you close to the festival though. Most of the security issues are in the campsite though so don't camp if you can avoid it.

Going back to Werchter or check out Roskilde is heavily recommended over coming to Oxegen especially after being to festivals that are actually run correctly!

I think its a good idea to mention that all the stories about Oxegen being some scumbag unsafe festival are hugely exagerated.

Its a fine festival, the only problem is that its expensive.

The Atmosphere is good enough, lots of people walking around just having a good idea, theres obviously the few people who drink to much and act like idiots, but its easy to avoid them.

Campsite last year was fun, i saw no trouble at all and where we were, it was just people sitting around the campsites drinking and talking (red campsite).

Branvan - if you don't want to camp, have a look for hotels in Naas town centre, which is the nearest town to Oxegen, and theres free busses to and from the festival to Naas at all times.

If you want to stay in Dublin, a return bus from Dublin to Oxegen is €20, so that would cost you €60 for the 3 days, or free if you stayed in Naas (to get from Dublin to naas you can take a bus, or train).

I think its a good idea to mention that all the stories about Oxegen being some scumbag unsafe festival are hugely exagerated.

Its a fine festival, the only problem is that its expensive.

The Atmosphere is good enough, lots of people walking around just having a good idea, theres obviously the few people who drink to much and act like idiots, but its easy to avoid them.

Campsite last year was fun, i saw no trouble at all and where we were, it was just people sitting around the campsites drinking and talking (red campsite).

Branvan - if you don't want to camp, have a look for hotels in Naas town centre, which is the nearest town to Oxegen, and theres free busses to and from the festival to Naas at all times.

If you want to stay in Dublin, a return bus from Dublin to Oxegen is €20, so that would cost you €60 for the 3 days, or free if you stayed in Naas (to get from Dublin to naas you can take a bus, or train).

It's a very young ignorant crowd, the sound is consistently awful on all stages, extremely expensive with very little drink/food choices, the campsite has on several occasions been compared to a warzone etc.

Search for previous threads in this forum or even look at post #4 in this thread. Some people manage to have a good time but I seriously think after been to the festivals you've mentioned you'll be utterly disgusted by Oxegen.

these are important things you mention, the crowd and the sound - and the line up of course - are the most important points... on rock werchter and fib and rock am ring, the crowd isn't that young (me either....). food quality doesn't interest me, i'm there for the bands...

unfortunately, no free hotels in naas, would have to stay in dublin...

these are important things you mention, the crowd and the sound - and the line up of course - are the most important points... on rock werchter and fib and rock am ring, the crowd isn't that young (me either....). food quality doesn't interest me, i'm there for the bands...

unfortunately, no free hotels in naas, would have to stay in dublin...

It's a very young ignorant crowd, the sound is consistently awful on all stages, extremely expensive with very little drink/food choices, the campsite has on several occasions been compared to a warzone etc.

Search for previous threads in this forum or even look at post #4 in this thread. Some people manage to have a good time but I seriously think after been to the festivals you've mentioned you'll be utterly disgusted by Oxegen.

I've been at the festival in 2002, 2004-07 and each year I asked myself why did I go back? It was only last year I finally said no more. Maybe last year was significantly better but your own posts just seem to be saying it's not as bad as people say but still not as good as the alternatives. Why not go for the alternatives then? The person who asked was from Switzerland so he'd be as quick to go to Roskilde.