294 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 14-18
    • 19-24
    • 25-32
    • 32-40
    • 41-50
    • 50+

Just wondering. Obviously it's a massive place, and there are going to be masses of people there, so there'll be people of all ages. I'll be 17, I'm going alone, and I was wondering how many people are in the same boat as me? Any people of my age group on here? I seem to be really young compared to most people on here(no offense :) )

I've been told it's really easy to meet new people there, but I could use some more reassurance, as I'm quite shy. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 17, went last year at 16 and had the time of my life. Everyone there is so friendly, and the huge majority of people there are older. This poll wont show an accurate reflection of Glastonbury because more young people use computers. But yeah trust me you'll love it!

I'm 17, went last year at 16 and had the time of my life. Everyone there is so friendly, and the huge majority of people there are older. This poll wont show an accurate reflection of Glastonbury because more young people use computers. But yeah trust me you'll love it!

What??? Some of us oldies can use computers??????

*Old Git Mentality Engaged*

We were designing, building and programming computers when your parents were kids, etc.

*Disengage Overused Mentality*

I'd be surprised if there is an event anywhere in the world where so many different people can all live together in (almost) total harmony for almost a week. If there is, I'm in!

Anyone judging by age is as prejudiced as someone judging by skin-colour, religion, accent or perceived social class.

Disclaimer: Other descrimination I didn't think of in this post is equally valid. There is no doubt that in these islands we need to speak more languages... obviously.

Group hug everyone...... :)

I'm 17, went last year for the first time at 16 and it was amazing! The age range differs loads obviously but I found that you could talk to literally everyone... I made friends with people from about 15 to a guy in his 60s... It's unbelievably easy to make friends, everyone is lovely! I went with a big group (I think quite a lot of people our age do) but we hardly spent any time as a big group, and I spent a lot of time on my own anyway. If my friends weren't going this year (they all are... and we've recruited new people) I wouldn't think twice about coming on my own! :)

Went last year i was 16 then went with 2 mates we all loved it. Chatted to a lot of people oldest fella must have been about 40 and he shared some lovely Whisky & Ginger Beer with me :)

Now we are going again this year and have recruited about 12 other people at the last count :)

I'll be 21 for this year's festival.