Going to Glasto early?

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one mate :)

Anyone else who is planning or thinking about camping for Solstice on the Saturday/Sunday and who I haven't spoken to by PM, can you get in touch if you're interested in camping with the eFestivals Solstice party.

Will be looking to sort out numbers for booking the campsite sometime this month :)

Mon/Tuesday night camping near Glasto will be sorted out at a later date :D

I've sent an email off to the place we are looking at staying for the Solstice, hopefully hear something back soon :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else up for this?

Should really think about booking a campsite soon before they fill up so need some numbers :)

There is 2 places to be booked -

• Campsite for Solstice for the Sat/Sun

• Campsite for Pre-Glasto for the Mon/Tue

So far I have about 9 definates and 2 maybes for Solstice camping. I have emailed the site we have in mind but not had an answer so plan to phone them soonish. This will be booked very soon, so an idea on definates would be helpful :)

Plan is to stay there the Sat/Sun nights with some Solstice celebrating, Cider Farms and Cheddar Gorge all been mentioned as stuff to do.

And I also have around 25+ names who have expressed an interest in the Tuesday night with about 12 definate campers. And this is the superb Pre-Glasto meet in the Riflemans at night, what better way to start of the festival :)

We will be looking into booking into the Isle of Avalon campsite for the Monday/Tuesday, so probably best we contact them to make sure it is ok. Again this will need to be booked soon so make your minds up people :)

This is open to everyone so more the merrier :D

PM me if you need any further info :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

Do you want the £2 deposit in advance from us, say via paypal or whatever you prefer, or are you happy to pay it and we give it to you on saturday?

I'm not sure who is going down on the saturday, but if anyone needs a lift from south-east area (see my location) down to avebury on the saturday, let me know.

Oooh, thanks for this post. We've booked off from the Friday so that we can celebrate solstice too then head to Glastonbury on the Monday morning.

We were going to go to Stonehenge but Avebury does look like a far nicer alternative. We've no car though, how difficult is it likely to be to get to and from without transport?

*Excited*

Paul

Do you want the £2 deposit in advance from us, say via paypal or whatever you prefer, or are you happy to pay it and we give it to you on saturday?

I'm not sure who is going down on the saturday, but if anyone needs a lift from south-east area (see my location) down to avebury on the saturday, let me know.

Hello everyone,

I just thought I'd mention that Solstice celebrations at the Stone Circle will take place from Sunrise 4.43am on Sunday 21st June. More information can be found here...

Although nowhere near as busy as Stonehenge, Summer Solstice does get pretty busy at Avebury and the police tend to close off the car parks about 4pm the night before (so Saturday).

If you think you'll get to Avebury after 4pm on Saturday then the easiest thing to do is to park up at the Ridgeway by the Sanctuary and walk down to Avebury. The Ridgeway/Sanctuary is just off the A4 about 2 minutes out of West Overton

walking directions The Sanctuary to Avebury

Lots of people park up there and there can be a really good atmosphere. It's only a 10 minute walk down to Avebury and you will be walking along the stone avenue just as people would originally have done at Solstice! There are no street lights so if you're walking after sunset or before dawn you will need torches!

Hope to see lots of you there

FFC

p.s. there are buses on Saturday from Marlborough (numbers 5, 6 or 48) - but no Sunday bus

Edited by Fairies for Change

Oooh, thanks for this post. We've booked off from the Friday so that we can celebrate solstice too then head to Glastonbury on the Monday morning.

We were going to go to Stonehenge but Avebury does look like a far nicer alternative. We've no car though, how difficult is it likely to be to get to and from without transport?

*Excited*

I know you're sorting out the Solstice stuff at the moment, but after having missed most of this because I've been travelling, just wanted to take the opportunity to say I definitely want to be in for the Tuesday night camping and meet-up.

I'd love to be there for the Solstice stuff as well, but have no idea what I'll be doing that weekend at the moment as I have to find a job/place to live/etc. now so can't commit to that at this point... I guess if it turns out I can make it I'll just try and squeeze myself in somewhere closer to the time.

Tuesday is a definite for me though - that will be a pre-condition of time I *have* to have off before I accept any possible job :rolleyes:

I'm getting excited about this now, been looking on the net at photo's from past Solstices at Avebury. I'm gonna be heading to Avebury on the Saturday morning, not sure how long it takes to drive there though. Are we heading towards Glasto on the Sunday or Monday?

I guess if it turns out I can make it I'll just try and squeeze myself in somewhere closer to the time.

Tuesday is a definite for me though - that will be a pre-condition of time I *have* to have off before I accept any possible job ;)