Going to Glasto early?

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was wrong with Old Oaks?
Edited by MikeyB37

I thought we were gonna camp in the same place, but arrive the day before the Solstice - which will be Saturday 19th June......so still arrive on the Saturday as this year, but Solstice will be Monday morning instead of Sunday.

Seem to recall there were rumblings about setting up at Avalon next year altho the cost of that ridiculously short taxi ride just to OO on Monday night was shocking so a trip back to Avalon would set us all back at least £6 I reckon!!! £13 to go just 2.5 miles is fecking ridiculous imo! :D The get in charge was already £3.50 and the rate went up 20p about every 100-200 metres driven it seemed!!! I know I dont take taxis much but was that price really needed?

The stupid thing about bloody Old Oaks is behind where I was camped, in the other caravan road the other side of the footpath, there was a group playing music til well gone 2am pretty bloody loudly and noone ever came and told them off. Was right p'eed off about that! :D

OO is way too up its own arse to warrant our business next year. Yes its a great location but we definitly need to work on a game plan that sees us happy but not too out of pocket and next year we DO get up at 6am and be off by 7am and not still be fannying around taking down tents at 7.30am! :(

After months of staying in very fluffy, open and friendly campsites across Oz, I am pretty shocked by the attitudes of British caravan parks and altho I want to head out a bit for fun this summer, not sure where to head if these uptight attitudes are to be met in most places!

But this years fun and shenanigans really made my G this year and it made it all last so much longer than usual especially due to the 'bonding' and all the convos got out of the way instead of trying to squeeze seeing and speaking with everyone in into 5 short days at G.

And food...I offered didnt I? weeks ago B) ...but that plan never came to fruition did it? Next year...you will all get yourselves in order in advance and I WILL cook next year! :D

Dont forget to keep the weekend after T Day free too as me is deffo going to try and get one and all together again somewhere hopefully.

Love you all xxx

It was the tame incline of the hill that did me about Old Oaks. We should find somewhere a little steeper to fulfill everyones not rolling down the hill requirements. It's a good introductory slope but for seasoned not rolling down the hillers, something with a little more potential energy would be desirable. I'm not talking mountain goat standards, just something that gives you that rush of not rolling. I'm gonna contact the president of the INRDH comittee to see if there's any intermediate grade hills in the area. The only problem I forsee is that it's slightly out of season, and as with that guy this year at Avebury, we may get some overlap from the rolling down the hill lot. I'm all for sharing the hills with these folks, the snowboarders and skiiers seem to manage it, there's just a few cranks still stuck in their ways who try and ruin it for everyone (most of which are of the actually rolling down the hill type :D )

I think I need to do something like this, got to G on the weds lunchtime, but honestly, it wasn't until late thurs that I started to relax and 'come up smiling'. took me a couple of days to adjust, so I reckon starting earlier is the key for me next year.

I think I need to do something like this, got to G on the weds lunchtime, but honestly, it wasn't until late thurs that I started to relax and 'come up smiling'. took me a couple of days to adjust, so I reckon starting earlier is the key for me next year.

I had this converstaion with Shivering Sky on the monday before - the Avebury trip (for me at least) was brilliant not so much for getting your head in the right place but certainly getting it out the wrong (real world) one.

Like others have said, I had a fab time at the pre-fest meets. I'd had a particuarly stressful last week at work and so Avebury/Glasto town was the perfect way to unwind before the festival began.

Definitely up for it all again next year. I'll join bungle's not rolling down hills club as well.

Edited by mucky_g

:D You really should have joined Mongrel's Not Rolling Down Hills team!

Woo Hoo B)

(Though I wish peeps would stop this 'tickets permitting' malarkey - let me just carry on safe in the assumption all will be fine please, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about this early :D )

It was the tame incline of the hill that did me about Old Oaks. We should...I'm all for sharing the hills with these folks, the snowboarders and skiiers seem to manage it, there's just a few cranks still stuck in their ways who try and ruin it for everyone (most of which are of the actually rolling down the hill type :) )

Hmm might be a problem for getting there that early from us who are oop north

.....or just take the tipi again and everyone can sleep in there :D

We had a marvellous time. It was wicked meeting you all and we really hope to get another chance. As I think I expressed elsewhere on this board since, please accept my humblest apologies for being a bit awkward and shy and genetrally bollxed tired for most of the trip! I'll be the life and lemon sole of the party next year... maybe.

Incidentally, the place we stayed at in Avebury (can it be named now Paul?) is up for sale and possible demolition. The local community and the crop circle crew are trying to raise enough money to save it, to maintain it as a camp site and upgrade the faciilities. As a result they're selling shares £20 each and all shareholders will have equal votes in the running of it. Don't know if anyone else is interested, but thought I should mention it all the same. Gaz and I are planning on throwing some money in after our next pay day.

Shenanigans soon. You're all deliciously mad. Love it. x