The problem with the Thursday night.

Guest bombfrog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were both on the same boat there mate, I can't stop thinking about the place and everytime I think about it I get butterflies, I look at the glasto photos I took last year everynight before I go to bed and I just get sooo exited. If i'm this bad now then on the tuesday before I'm going to be off the walls with exitement.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

Thursdays for exploring, getting bearings fine-tuned, and the official efest meet. :P

Point taken that 100,000 may find The Queen's Head a bit packed if they all go there, but there was plenty of space and entertainment and chat elsewhere.

Ended up watching 3 Daft Monkeys in the Avalon Cafe gone midnight, unannounced performance I think. ;)

those time machines are a modern day marvel

I find the problems with free nights at Festivals is that you just sit on the campsite and make a huge dent in your massive pile of drink, setting you up with a terrible hangover on the 1st day of music.

Clearly the best way to get rid of this is to get back on the drink. . . giving you a 2 or 3 day hangover the next day when you are not even half way through the event. . . certainly that's what T in the Park is like, I'm sure Glasto will be no different.

I find the problems with free nights at Festivals is that you just sit on the campsite and make a huge dent in your massive pile of drink, setting you up with a terrible hangover on the 1st day of music.

Clearly the best way to get rid of this is to get back on the drink. . . giving you a 2 or 3 day hangover the next day when you are not even half way through the event. . . certainly that's what T in the Park is like, I'm sure Glasto will be no different.

Edited by irons

Thursday last year...returned to the Cider Bus to look for anyone left behind in the pouring rain (as if!)...found Storm in the storm and we headed over to Trash City eventually. Twas ace! Dancing like a loon in the pissing rain to some classic techno. I highly recommend it! But next time will remember to put on my gaters. My walkingboots never dried up for the rest of the weekend :D

In Ye Dayes of Yore and Ye Olde Sounde Systemmes (2004 and before) there was plenty...PLENTY of dancing and partying to be had all over site Wed and Thurs! Energy 24 was one of the best spots on site 02 and 03 to groove away to, not to mention Radio 1 Sound System and Joe Banana's before Energy 24 muscled in on their patch! And years before you had the likes of Whirlygig nestled away on site. NO need for the programme telling you where to find the party, ya just got off your arse, bimbled away and stumbled onto the secret parties! Ahhh those were the days. :O

You're kidding me aren't you?! If you are sitting at your campsite then I imagine you will be in the minority as most people will be wandering around the lapping up the atmosphere. Theres a full day of music on some stages, brilliant bars to visit and so many things to see and you could easily lose yourself for hours in the greenfields

Its all about the vibe on wednesdays and thursdays, stone circle, park, green fields in the day, then the night time comes, camp fires a plenty, singing, dancing around some fool in a massive tent with his his mates and a shitty acoustic that he doesn't really know how to play, trying to play Bob Dylan songs badly and Razorlight songs perfectly. I don't know about anyone else but on the wednesday and thursday i always end up meeting up with a cracking group of people that are just out of shouting distance, and always meet up with them over the weekend. Its good times to be had for all.

Also, would you rather be sat at home, getting giddy for the weekend ahead, or be there, even if there is nothing to do other than chill in a camping chair with a crate of your desired tipple next to you? 3 guesses what id do!!

This forum always gets me excited for festivals!!

Edited by DirkDiggler