White Lies

Guest Messy

Surely they must be dead certs for a spot somewhere on this year's bill?

They've just released their debut album, and it's a bit of a let down(i'd been anticipating it for months), but still has 4-5 absolute corkers on it. I imagine they'd be perfect for a John Peel stage performance.

Edited by Messy

Surely they must be dead certs for a spot somewhere on this year's bill?

They've just released their debut album, and it's a bit of a let down(i'd been anticipating it for months), but still has 4-5 absolute corkers on it. I imagine they'd be perfect for a John Peel stage performance.

4-5 quality tracks on an album isn't bad going for most bands these days, sad to say. Most albums can generaly be distilled into EP format without losing too much.

I've got the 7" box set on order so haven't heard it yet (have you downloaded it?) but from what I've seen of them live I'm sure it should be a good album. Agreed that JP or Park would be good locaitons for them.

I'm definitely hoping they make an appearance, I'm really enjoying the album. They've even been getting some buzz here in the US, but that's probably because E.S.T. was on Gossip Girl recently and TV dictates taste around here.

Saw them at Hull supporting Glasvegas where they blew them away & won the crowd over easily. I am guessing possible Queens Head slot on Thursday & Other Stage on Saturday, will be to big for JP by then I think.

They are also doing SXSW so that could also be a huge boost to there young career.

Saw them at Hull supporting Glasvegas where they blew them away & won the crowd over easily. I am guessing possible Queens Head slot on Thursday & Other Stage on Saturday, will be to big for JP by then I think.

They are also doing SXSW so that could also be a huge boost to there young career.

I think you're all getting ahead of yourselves. Realistically they will be lower on the order if you think about this year - the Ting Tings and the Courteeners, who were both getting the same kind of buzz at this time last year were both 5th from the top and even Vampire Weekend played in there at like 5pm or something. Glasvegas were at 1pm and in the biggest piece of nonsense British Sea Power were on at 3pm (criminal!). I will be amazed if White Lies haven't been and gone on the JP stage by the time the clock strikes 6!! I'll still be there though..... :rolleyes:

Saw White Lies on their first headline tour back in September, they were outstanding and I doubt they will play small venues like the Thekla again.

I disagree about the orginal poster album comment, I think the album is a cracker! :rolleyes:

Can see them playing the JPS, but could also see them playing an early slot on the Other stage (This I would prefer).

Edited by Petewasbristol

I saw them at Thekla too, and my impression was they were musically too big for the stage - ironically not a feeling I experienced when I saw the more numerous Bees at the same venue.

I agree they're unlikely to be high on the bill wherever they play - they're only third out of four on the bill for the Shockwaves tour as far as I know, and their singles haven't sold in the sort of shedloads that, say, the Fratellis did before their first album came out. So though I'd like to see them higher up on the bill I don't think it's a realistic prospect.

Not that I care, if they're at Glasto I'll go and see them wherever they play :rolleyes: