Newbie needs opinions

Guest GlastoMad

okay, so i have been going to glastonbury and the like since i was very young. i have got the impression that this festival is leaning more towards the secret garden party and glastonbury community than the reading/download. i am wondering what you guys think of it, just so that i can get an idea before i buy tickets =)

Its a great festival with a lovely vibe, great crowd and normally top acts across 4 stages. Its like Glasto in the way that you enter and once your in, your in..

The dance music can be a tad on the quiet side and 'after hours' entertainment is abit sparse but its a nice site to wander round..

We went 04, 05, 06 and 07 but are trying to limit our 'festie miles' and so staying North as much as poss..

Went in 2006/2007 and loved it.. despite the mud in 07.

Missed it last year due to going to Lowlands the same weekend, and missing it this year as going to Big Chill before it instead.

But will definately return, it's a wicked festival

I went for the first time last year and despite the mud I absolutely loved it, was the best festival I've been to apart from Glasto. It's definitely got the friendly atmosphere, with lots of lovely people and I really liked its small size, which was really handy in the mud! It's definitely a major advantage that once you're in there's no arena and you don't get searched or anything. All the friends I went with are hoping to return again this year, and we've encouraged lots more! I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan of the jolly atmospheric smaller festival experience!!

Its a good little festival.

No 24 hour party, but the dance tent goes on to about 2-ish, things start up again around midday.

A the music is a mish mash, a bit retro, folky, punky, ska-ish, worldy and a bit dancy with a nice side order of cheese from the speigle tent.

While no fun fair, the market is worth an amble, the food, I think its safe to say its always good to excellent and all tastes are covered.

A more fully featured comedy line up last year added something to the proceedings.

And its good enough to name a beer after it, and a fine light summery quaffer it is as well