Glastinflation

Guest TomfromStroud

Interesting as it is, I don't think you can compare the cost of a Glasto ticket against inflation. The costs involved are hardly based on the standard basket of goods that inflation is based on. It's main costs - energy and fuel, the cost of booking artists - have increased astronomically over the last few years. You only have to consider the price of gigs to see that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a lucky position where I just get my parents to pay for it, plus I get a 2 week holiday in a sunny location (usually america) afterwards.

At lest we're not paying £200+ for 2 days of bottle throwing, beer tokens, shit weather and over organisation, a la v.

We're paying £175.00 for the best 5 days of our lifes.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

I'm in a lucky position where I just get my parents to pay for it, plus I get a 2 week holiday in a sunny location (usually america) afterwards.

At lest we're not paying £200+ for 2 days of bottle throwing, beer tokens, shit weather and over organisation, a la v.

We're paying £175.00 for the best 5 days of our lifes.

Cheers,

BlackHole2006

This is a good thread.

Personally, even though I work down at the festival, I wouldn't think twice about paying double the £175 ticket price. It is such a great place to be.

I live my life in a way that would allow me to do that. I don't go on pointless expensive foreign holidays or buy ridiculous clothing that I'd only wear once. Glastonbury is my main holiday of the year.

175/5 = good value.

Assuming the headliners are correct, how much would it cost to see them all individually? If you could get tickets, that is.

And that's just three bands!

Bodger & Badger thrown in for free! & when did last dance drunkenly outside the Brothers Bar when at Wembley?

Even though it's interesting to see, I think comparing the full UK inflation, with Glastonbury inflation is a little unkind. I think more accurate comparison would be with Council Tax, since a fair slice of ticket price includes paying for Police/emergency services & refuse collections picking up all the rubbish we leave behind. Not to mention security & insurance.

Cheers

Dave F.

What I think and hope might be the case this year is that the exorbitant food and drink prices might at least be frozen if not reduced. Many will be arriving with a bit less cash than previous years, and the traders should realise that. I suspect a lot more people will be bringing their own food and drink too.