Ticket availability after Feb 1st

Guest 515

As I'm sure with most people this month, things are a bit tight, so I'd rather not pay for my ticket ahead of Feb 1st.

Just wondering how many are said to be available after the deposit scheme ends before the media hype begins.

I'm guessing the official site's 'limited numbers' is just marketing jazz?

Cheers.

either way its a win win for eavis... as he made £10 out of people that didnt pay the rest off.... so when those tickets are resold for their full value he literally be at £195 a ticket (inc the £10 from the deposit payment).

my guess is thei'll stick to feb 1st to ensure they get that £10 for each person that doesnt pay up. then leave the rest for april...

either way its a win win for eavis... as he made £10 out of people that didnt pay the rest off.... so when those tickets are resold for their full value he literally be at £195 a ticket (inc the £10 from the deposit payment).

my guess is thei'll stick to feb 1st to ensure they get that £10 for each person that doesnt pay up. then leave the rest for april...

The only caution I would have with no paying by feb is that a line-up announcement is due then and it may lead to a new rush for tickets. At this point you have a ticket but need to pay for it.

in other words pay up now then you are going for sure!

The only caution I would have with no paying by feb is that a line-up announcement is due then and it may lead to a new rush for tickets. At this point you have a ticket but need to pay for it.

in other words pay up now then you are going for sure!

"The deposit scheme will come to a close on February 1st. If you’ve paid a deposit for a ticket, then you need to pay your balance by 23:59 on Sunday February 1st.

Pay your ticket balance now at www.seetickets.com/g2009

From February 2nd a limited number of full price tickets will be available, subject to availability and registration. If you are buying a ticket outright you can also buy car parking or campervan tickets."

- quote from glasto website homepage, sorry if this has been done to death but just wondering what it means about tickets being available after the 2nd. It does say a 'limited number will be available from February 2nd - does this mean tickets will remain on sale from the 2nd Feb indefinitely or will they be taken off sale until April? have trawled the website for a definitive answer but can't help but think details are being kept deliberately vague at the moment...Basically i really want to go but cashflow means i cant pay up straightaway so gonna have to run the risk. Really not looking forward to the prospect of the April scrum though :O

That'll be an old message. They may have been thinking that it would sell out by February the 1st. Those limited number of tickets that would be going on sale on the 2nd will be tickets that the people who hadn't paid the balance have let go.

But since they haven't sold out, those unsold tickets will be on sale too. I'd say all tickets will be on sale right throu till it's sold out.

I think tickets will still be available fairly late on - judging by Emily Eavis's reply in the orange interview when she was asked about the effect of the financial state of the nation atm - basically she said

"well, we put the deposit scheme down before the markets collapsed. It won't affect the quality of the festival we've still got everything we normally have"

Which I think means - we've got loads of tickets, we might not sell out, the festival is still gonna be great.