New Model Army

Guest DaveMac

It's been a few years since they played Glastonbury (2004?) on the Other Stage. (were great even with short set!)

Saw Justin Sullivan soloing in one of the smaller gig tents a year or two later and he was ace too.

I would love to NMA them play at this years Festival in some capacity . Any chance Micheal/Emily please ?

They are excellent live with a great back catalogue.

How they missed out being really big is beyond me as they have been making great music for years. :(

If you haven't heard of them I would definately recommend them

Anyone else out there like them to be at Glasto 2009 - or is it just me ?

Here's a taste from a few years back to give you some idea:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNMiN-SVy4

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pyBTobGmaSQ&...feature=related

There are loads of good NMA videos on youtube to check out

Edited by DaveMac

awesome claim to fame :(

Yeah sadly Rob passed away in 2004. But agree they would be a welcome addition for me anyway especially for the Thursday like the Levellers last year even though the Leftfield was packed I'd be there!!!

Good lord,

I saw NMA at Reading but also in the Studio in Brizzle about 86-87 when I was thin and handsome, :rolleyes:

Edited by DaveMac

Funny you should mention NMA....

my eldest was saying the other day "why are there no bands from Bradford ?", so I was playing him some NMA :)

I was telling him the story of how the BBC put tape over their "only stupid bastards use heroin" T-shirts on TOTP, which I have just found on youtube.......honestly, youtube is great, isnt it ?....where else can you find any obscure memory from your youth ;)

happy memories linky

:):):)