Family Camping Quandry

Guest cheekycheeky

Hello all...!!

Away from the headliners and foodstall shenanigans, this is a camp question... The wife and I find ourselves in a pickle again tis year as she has gone and got pregnant again..!! She will be 7 months at the time of June.. She was in the same conditon 2007 with our yet to be son and we went and it was fun but awful at the same time coz of the demonic skies etc..!! This time if we brave it, we will wanna take the little boy with us and camp in the Family area.. we not done this before and wondered how quick it fills up..? seems to me as tho it is full by 10am on weds but as we have not camped there before need some advice... general advice for surviving with a 22 month old and a pregnant wife would be fab too... such as essential must haves...!!

hope u can answer all my prayers...!!!

:(

we camped on the family site last year and it was fine,. got there at about 4 weds afternoon and there was still quite a bit of room,people still arriving thursday and getting somewhere reasonable,stewards were doing a top job running around finding pitches . great site ,especially for those with younger kids, but be careful how far up you go, might be a bit of a chore for your missus walking to the top under the pylons a few times a day . big thanks to the neighbours who lent me their cooking stuff after i'd ruined mine

" expertly " fitting the gas cannister arse upwards , most of the people we spoke to were as friendly as you'd expect .

I have camped in the family area for years, more recently with my kids!! It does fill up quickly. although if you head for the pylons and the fence you might get somewhere if you don't have a big tent. a couple of years the stewards manned the entry points and asked if you knew where you were going which I think put a lot of non-families off, leaving more room for the...families! They didn't do this last year and there was ALOT more anti social behaviour in the family area. Head for the spongebob flag, on hill to the right - that will be me (assuming nobody pinches it again this year)

Hi cheekycheeky

if you arrive on Wednesday you should get a pitch in family camping no problem. Tips for the little one, lots of spare socks, a potty, ear defenders, a decent buggy, full waterproofs!

If your lady has done it preggers before I'm sure she will be fine. The kidz field is amazing and really close to family camping.

It is an easy walk down to the Pyramid Stage, if thats your thang, also great for the Accoustic Stage and theatre field etc

Have fun xx