Facebook 'Voting' so far .....

Guest mdp963

I don't know how seriously the Eavises will take this attempt a creating some kind of 'popular' list but I was bored and interested in what was being listed

First thing to say is that I was struck by the fact that 99% of the entries were simple lists - with no for and against attitudes, prejudices or views expressed as you often find find when a similar thread is started on this forum

So far there are over 2000 post from 1700 contributors ... some totally pointless multiple posting by certain contributors !!

My 'review' is totally and completely NOT scientific ...simply my assessment having looked at all 68 pages

Struck also by the number of dead artists that were requested!!! .. with Hendrix probably topping that list

There appears to have been a bit of an orchestrated campaign for Daft Punk, who probably top the list of bands mentioned .... they do however get plenty of mentions by those giving multiple suggestions

A close second ( if not actually top) were Faithless who were also supported by some genuinely emotional comments.

It would IMHO be a disaster if the Eavises ignored the VERY obvious and strong support for Faithless to return

There is a reasonable amount of support for Blur and Bruce Springsteen but not that much for the other heralded headliner - Neil Young

Still amazed that so many people do not realise that Pink Floyd no longer exist but heartened by the support for them and Dave Gilmour to appear.....particularly from the younger contributors .... is there still a chance after last year's debacle ???

Still strong support for many 'old' bands with Led Zeppelin given many mentions ... sadly (IMO) to no avail

Of the new bands - probably ( not surprisingly) the top spot goes to the Fleet Foxes .... a new band with an 'old' style of music

Do you think that any notice at all will be taken of these listings ???

I don't know how seriously the Eavises will take this attempt a creating some kind of 'popular' list but I was bored and interested in what was being listed

First thing to say is that I was struck by the fact that 99% of the entries were simple lists - with no for and against attitudes, prejudices or views expressed as you often find find when a similar thread is started on this forum

So far there are over 2000 post from 1700 contributors ... some totally pointless multiple posting by certain contributors !!

My 'review' is totally and completely NOT scientific ...simply my assessment having looked at all 68 pages

Struck also by the number of dead artists that were requested!!! .. with Hendrix probably topping that list

There appears to have been a bit of an orchestrated campaign for Daft Punk, who probably top the list of bands mentioned .... they do however get plenty of mentions by those giving multiple suggestions

A close second ( if not actually top) were Faithless who were also supported by some genuinely emotional comments.

It would IMHO be a disaster if the Eavises ignored the VERY obvious and strong support for Faithless to return

There is a reasonable amount of support for Blur and Bruce Springsteen but not that much for the other heralded headliner - Neil Young

Still amazed that so many people do not realise that Pink Floyd no longer exist but heartened by the support for them and Dave Gilmour to appear.....particularly from the younger contributors .... is there still a chance after last year's debacle ???

Still strong support for many 'old' bands with Led Zeppelin given many mentions ... sadly (IMO) to no avail

Of the new bands - probably ( not surprisingly) the top spot goes to the Fleet Foxes .... a new band with an 'old' style of music

Do you think that any notice at all will be taken of these listings ???

i think the daft punk thing would be incredible, but i suspect it would be really really hard to pull off since they aren't playing live at the moment, and it they would almost certainly have to be in the top rung of artists the eavises go after, and i'm not sure whether they think of DP like that. but it would fit in with the glasto spirit of trying something a bit different and special

I don't know how your unscientific process is working but my impression is that bands like Fleet Foxes have been mentioned far less than a number of other, more "mainstream" acts like (takes a deep breath) Kings of Leon, the Ting Tings, even god help us the Courteeners.

What has struck me more than anything is the unimaginative posting by a lot of people, naming these and other bands, who let's be honest are the sort of bands who are likely to be playing Glasto anyway. If I were Eavis I wouldn't be gaining much insight from this list.

I'm not that fussed about who plays Glasto so much as where - if I have one message for Eavis and co it's to put bands where they are most appropriate. Gogol Bordello and the Hold Steady were wasted on the Pyramid Stage, for God's sake don't put Fleet Foxes on there.

Can someone link me to what this thread is all about? :(

Respect for making the effort to count them - I lost my place and gave up at 155!!

What about the total for Daft Punk???

why ask for suggestions if they are going to ignore the responses???

Why have stage bookers if they don't have a clue who to book?

As they do have stage bookers, who I'm sure have more than enough ideas of acts they want to see performing on the stages they're responsible for, then I can't see that those suggestions will make any difference.

Years back, when what is now the Glastonbury part of eFestivals was the official Glastonbury site, it was felt (because people kept asking for it) that it would be a good idea to grant the request and have a suggestions bit (but in a better form than is being done in just forum posts) ..... I know for a fact that they were ignored completely. Some were even cruel enough to laugh at the people who wasted their time by making suggestions. :(

Why have stage bookers if they don't have a clue who to book?

As they do have stage bookers, who I'm sure have more than enough ideas of acts they want to see performing on the stages they're responsible for, then I can't see that those suggestions will make any difference.

Years back, when what is now the Glastonbury part of eFestivals was the official Glastonbury site, it was felt (because people kept asking for it) that it would be a good idea to grant the request and have a suggestions bit (but in a better form than is being done in just forum posts) ..... I know for a fact that they were ignored completely. Some were even cruel enough to laugh at the people who wasted their time by making suggestions. :rolleyes: