Camden Crawl

Guest kacas

The Gaymers Camden Crawl is very excited to announce the addition of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The View, The Maccabees, 808 State and The Fall to this year's stellar line up.

And it doesn't end there... rising stars Hockey, The Virgins, Dinosaur Pile Up and The Big Pink have all confirmed appearances alongside acid house legends 808 State and the late John Peel's iconic 'favourite' band, The Fall. All this and Hot Leg, Justin Hawkin's new 'Man Rock' outfit.

OH MY GOODNESS @ YEAH YEAH YEAHS!!

Reckon you'd need to stay in that venue all day to have a chance of catching them though!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gaymers Camden Crawl is very excited to announce the addition of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The View, The Maccabees, 808 State and The Fall to this year's stellar line up.

And it doesn't end there... rising stars Hockey, The Virgins, Dinosaur Pile Up and The Big Pink have all confirmed appearances alongside acid house legends 808 State and the late John Peel's iconic 'favourite' band, The Fall. All this and Hot Leg, Justin Hawkin's new 'Man Rock' outfit.

OH MY GOODNESS @ YEAH YEAH YEAHS!!

Reckon you'd need to stay in that venue all day to have a chance of catching them though!

ok i've had a stinker my mate forgot his one job and that was to get us a hotel, we are now in bits anyone know of anywhere that is fairly close that has rooms. or if there is any other options i may have overlooked. all the hotels in camden are booked up.

where homeless help any ideas guy/girls

ok i've had a stinker my mate forgot his one job and that was to get us a hotel, we are now in bits anyone know of anywhere that is fairly close that has rooms. or if there is any other options i may have overlooked. all the hotels in camden are booked up.

where homeless help any ideas guy/girls

Hey all, first post etc...

Me and a few friends are heading to Camden Crawl for first time this year and whilst I'm aware the time won't be released until we get there etc. does anybody have an idea of how it works for those wanting to see the "headline" acts a the Roundhouse, this year anyways?

If we wanted to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Maccabees specfically, I know it's going to be packed and that is inevitable, but to get in without worries do you think you would have to spend the day at the one venue and not leave? Or think you could have the afternoon elsewhere and maybe head down early evening?

We got the tickets from a friend so weren't bothered about going until we heard those acts were revealed, just wondering if anybody had a heads up or an idea when they attempted to see any headline acts before? We don't mind being in the one place as there are other acts on before etc. but just wonder of the specifics or personal experiences/advice anybody has? Would be a grat help.

Many Thanks.

for guaranteed entry you need to go and Q at mtv courtyard (hawley crescent nw1 ) from 1430 for the 1730 show and1730 for the 2030 show. I think you are only allowed into one of the shows

Madness have also been added

It was easily the best festival I went to last year.

For smaller venues, they got everyone to leave and requeue early evening-6-8pm a couple of times but no one got chucked out because they'd seen one band. Before any gigs begin you often have to queue outside even if an event is going on in the venue-such as bingo- inside because they'll all get asked to leave.

My advice is don't have your heart set on seeing a band, you'll probably make it to see them but it'll avoid dissapointment, I saw about 20 last year, strolling from venue to venue and the saturday was a lot busier as people had not come from work, past 9pm the queues were crazy and we only got to see tiny bands playing or the really big ones in Koko but we saw some really great acts and some that went onto more success- Noah and the Whale, Ladyhawke, Florence & the Machine.

I was just talking about the roundhouse, a leaflet came with my ticket telling me where to go for that venue, no where else.

Madness have also been added

It was easily the best festival I went to last year.

For smaller venues, they got everyone to leave and requeue early evening-6-8pm a couple of times but no one got chucked out because they'd seen one band. Before any gigs begin you often have to queue outside even if an event is going on in the venue-such as bingo- inside because they'll all get asked to leave.

My advice is don't have your heart set on seeing a band, you'll probably make it to see them but it'll avoid dissapointment, I saw about 20 last year, strolling from venue to venue and the saturday was a lot busier as people had not come from work, past 9pm the queues were crazy and we only got to see tiny bands playing or the really big ones in Koko but we saw some really great acts and some that went onto more success- Noah and the Whale, Ladyhawke, Florence & the Machine.

Yeah as I said it was with the smaller venues

Just read this of the website

To enable the majority of Crawlers the opportunity to see the fantastic line up we have in store at Camden’s most iconic venue without queuing at the venue, we will be making separate wristbands available which allow guaranteed entry to one of the two concerts hosted at the venue each day. 2,500 free wristbands for each of the two concerts will be made available for collection on a first come first serve basis at: MTV Courtyard (Hawley Crescent, NW1) from 2:30 pm for the 5:30 – 8 pm show and at 5:30 pm for the 8:30 – 11 pm show. Please note that festival pass holders will only be able to collect one access wristband for the Roundhouse each day and that the venue will be cleared at 8:00 pm between the two shows.

Oh!

Where's Hawley Crescent?

it runs between chalk farm road and kentish town road, camden town tube is closest.

I was also wondering about this...

Do the evening bands become available when the afternoon bands are still on/finishing? or do the bands finish and there is then a period of time for prople to rush over to collect passes for the evening aswell? Im thinking that the band that is 'highlighting' the afternoon slot should play at the same time as the evening wristbands become available, this would make it fairer and give a lot more people a better chance to see at least one headliner (if they want to see them). Im just worried that this wont happen and queues will be mental for the wristbands everyday, im expecting a queue but surely this would cut it down a bit?

Cant fricken wait to get back to Camden!!!!!!

:(:D:D:D:D