Camden Crawl

Guest kacas

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went a few years ago !

Wolfmother in the Camden Underworld were the climax that year ! , and saw an excellent Macabees

at Camden Lock.

Basically you turn upto Camden and at various places ( I think there is more than one )you exchange your ticket for a wrist band and bag of goodies. Which includes a timetable of all the bands/venues.

Then subject to crowd numbers being OK you are let in all the venues free.

I really enjoyed it. Prob the best bet is to restrict yourself to one or two venues and spend your time

there, cos if a venue is full , they will not let you in.

I remember we had no problem getting in to see Wolfmother , and a couple of the bands before , but

afterwards the q for the club night at Koko was horrendous.

It is a very good place to see some up and coming bands , and do plenty of drinking in Camden !!!

:rolleyes:

How easy is it to find out band times? Cos I heard they don't give you the times or places on the pieces of paper they give you?

I went a few years ago !

Wolfmother in the Camden Underworld were the climax that year ! , and saw an excellent Macabees

at Camden Lock.

Basically you turn upto Camden and at various places ( I think there is more than one )you exchange your ticket for a wrist band and bag of goodies. Which includes a timetable of all the bands/venues.

Then subject to crowd numbers being OK you are let in all the venues free.

I really enjoyed it. Prob the best bet is to restrict yourself to one or two venues and spend your time

there, cos if a venue is full , they will not let you in.

I remember we had no problem getting in to see Wolfmother , and a couple of the bands before , but

afterwards the q for the club night at Koko was horrendous.

It is a very good place to see some up and coming bands , and do plenty of drinking in Camden !!!

:rolleyes:

What you are thinking about is that they do not tend to publish the times etc in advance.

But everything is on the timetable they give you that you can get from early afternoon when you

get your wristband.

Without that timetable we would have been screwed obviously.

I remember the first band we saw was I think The Pipettes at the Dublin Castle , we got into that

no trouble.

They do put a few suprise bands on , but nowadays everyone seemed to know who they were anyway.

Hope you go !

Well its a toss up between this and Glastonbury, I know it's a tough one.

But I am hoping to be able to see some decent bands in some tiny venues!

I'm a hard-up student music journo so I can only afford one.

What you are thinking about is that they do not tend to publish the times etc in advance.

But everything is on the timetable they give you that you can get from early afternoon when you

get your wristband.

Without that timetable we would have been screwed obviously.

I remember the first band we saw was I think The Pipettes at the Dublin Castle , we got into that

no trouble.

They do put a few suprise bands on , but nowadays everyone seemed to know who they were anyway.

Hope you go !

The Camden Crawl is always good for up and coming bands but the headliners were pretty woeful last year, and there seems to be a dirth of new bands I'm excited about. Also, despite the numbers of bands playing you'll be lucky if you see many more than 4, maybe 5 bands in one day.

1 days drinking in Camden watching a few bands , does not compare to a week in the Enchanted

Forest !

But a days drinking in Camden watching bands beats a day at work , and that is how you look at it

• 2 weeks later...

I did Camden Crawl for the first time last year and it is an amazing festival to do.

If your looking to stay somewhere there is a youth hostel that we stayed at last year that was called the Camden Inn and it was £20 each for a private room of 6 for the two nights and the hostel is right in the mix about 2 mins from the tube station.

The best thing you can do during the day is stay in some of the bigger pubs during like the Worlds End etc as you can often get the suprise gigs there, we got to see Pull Tiger Tail and Lightspeed Champion doing secret gigs there.

When it comes to the evening you will be kidding yourself if you think you can move from pub to pub and expect to get in so best to look at what bands you wanna see and see if there are any in the same place and just plot up there for the day. As we tried to go see Johnny Foreigner and then Los Campesinos but had no chance of getting in to LosC. But if you do stay in one pub you often get a good surprise when a band you have never of plays an amazing set, Operator Please is the band that gave me a massive surprice.

Don't bother with the headline acts (if you can call Robyn or Wombats a headline act) and just see a smaller band, will be a much better gig, just wait til reading of glatonbury if you wanna see a "bigger" band.

I went in 07, I thought it was good fun... saw BRMC in Camden Underworld that was f**king amazing, blinding gig with no barrier and a proper mental crowd. Shame TCTC decided to cancel before them, that would have been an unreal gig. Thought it was a bit expensive for what it is, I only saw 5 bands I think in the end and spent about £35 on a ticket but was enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...

Both Days

Bleech

Chew Lips

Dan Black

Danny & The Champions Of The World

Datarock

Fight Like Apes

Flashguns

General Fiasco

Goldielocks

Heartbreak

I Blame Coco

It Hugs Back

James Yuill

Jim Jones Revue

Kasms

Peggy Sue

Pulled Apart By Horses

The Computers

The Joy Formidable

The King Blues

The XX

Friday Only

Brakes

Detropix

Drums Of Death

Foy Vance

Goldheart Assembly

Newham Generals

S.C.U.M

Skint & Demoralised

Sleepercurve

The Author

The Baddies

The Barker Band

The Chapman Family

The Cordelier Club

The Temper Trap

The Von Bondies

The Whip

Three Trapped Tigers

Saturday Only

An Experiment On A Bird In The Air Pump

Blk Jks

Die! Die! Die!

Hexes

Lion Club

Little Death

Man Like Me

Marina And The Diamonds

Patrick Wolf

The Dead Formats

Threatmantics

Three Trapped Tigers

Toddla T

FINALLY

Both Days

Bleech

Chew Lips

Dan Black

Danny & The Champions Of The World

Datarock

Fight Like Apes

Flashguns

General Fiasco

Goldielocks

Heartbreak

I Blame Coco

It Hugs Back

James Yuill

Jim Jones Revue

Kasms

Peggy Sue

Pulled Apart By Horses

The Computers

The Joy Formidable

The King Blues

The XX

Friday Only

Brakes

Detropix

Drums Of Death

Foy Vance

Goldheart Assembly

Newham Generals

S.C.U.M

Skint & Demoralised

Sleepercurve

The Author

The Baddies

The Barker Band

The Chapman Family

The Cordelier Club

The Temper Trap

The Von Bondies

The Whip

Three Trapped Tigers

Saturday Only

An Experiment On A Bird In The Air Pump

Blk Jks

Die! Die! Die!

Hexes

Lion Club

Little Death

Man Like Me

Marina And The Diamonds

Patrick Wolf

The Dead Formats

Threatmantics

Three Trapped Tigers

Toddla T

FINALLY

Any more info on additions to the line up?

Tickets and Hotel all booked and all ive got now is about 7 weeks of excitement ahead of me. the first line up looks good enough but i know that there are more to be added and was wondering when...

can anyone shed any light?

many thanks :unsure:

Any more info on additions to the line up?

Tickets and Hotel all booked and all ive got now is about 7 weeks of excitement ahead of me. the first line up looks good enough but i know that there are more to be added and was wondering when...

can anyone shed any light?

many thanks :D

Worse.. ahem... 'festival' (!?!?!) i've ever been to. Should have known from the size of the queue to get the wristbands we were on to a loser....

Basically, you pay for a wristband to get youself in a pub to watch a relatively unknown band playing.

You're crammed in until there's barely room to breathe. I swear at one point we were looking up at the ceiling in the pub opposite the roundhouse and thought it was going to come through there were so many people up there, it was bowing in the middle.

If you smoke (like one of my friends did) you have to go out for a fag (fair enough) but then re-join the queue round the block to get back in again. In the end he went back to hotel as he couldn't get back in, had been queueing for 30 mins and had not moved. There are not enough venues to serve the amount of tickets sold.

We only went the one night - the wristbands were taken off, put in the bin & we went elsewhere instead.

Go to Glastonbury, don't be lured by a false economy.

On Friday 24th April, we're pleased to announce there will be evening performances from the fantastic Echo & The Bunnymen, Idlewild, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Mumford & Sons and Wire.

To rival this on Saturday 25th April, we will be welcoming Billy Bragg, Golden Silvers, Ipso Facto, King Creosite, Toddla T and Little Boots to the Camden Crawl stage.

There's more smaller bands been added on the line up page too.

Cheers for the info, after asking you guys i got the email on facebook about the newly added bands.

Im going to glastonbury aswell and look forward to them both, hopefully the crawl will lean me towards some of the new bands that might get a bigger audience on the glastonbury stages.

Cant really comment on the queues tho, either way, im looking to stumbling around Camden listening to good music with good mates and in just over a month after, heading to the bigger fields and doing the same :P