Loopallu 2009

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you able to camp on the sunday night? we stayed in a b and b last year but are camping this year. think I remember a few tents left on the sunday, but tbh the memories a bit hazy! coming up on the Thu morning (short drive from InverSneck), looking forward to it!

I'm sure you can camp on Sunday night.

I seem to remember perthperson saying that she stayed behind for a couple of days last year.

You could always give the campsite a call to ask them if you want to be sure.

You will be fine, we stayed for a week on the campsite after Loopallu last year and Perthperson was there too. In fact the Family Mahone were still playing in the Arch on the Monday if I remember correctly!

BTW, we are hoping to be there this year folks, but it will be very last minute as we have sold our house and have to move out on 11 September... :lol:

Hopefully we will be in the Seaforth on the Thursday evening as usual and trying to control Vicker!

cheers,

Pete

Ok guys

I think I'm just looking for a bit of encouragement.

I don't want to seem like a sado but I want to go to Loop but no one I know can go so I'm thinking of going on my own.

Is there enough for me to do on my own?, are other people going on their own? Its a bit of a drive up on my own so I'll be going on the thursday and I've got the tent set up down to 15 mins. So is there much to do on the thursday?

I really like my festivals but have only went to Bella this year (not only in a negative way, it was brilliant) and I want to go to this one. But I've never done a festival on my own.

I just need talked into it. (but I've already booked the time off work so I'm nearly there..)

Been doing a bit of googling and found this lot who are maybe, possibly, allegedly playing Loopallu:

Ten Bears

The Codeine Velvet Club

The Dangleberries

The Side (Fringe : Seaforth Friday )

Rhythmnreel (Fringe : Seaforth Saturday TBC)

Naked Strangers TBC

Party Horse

Just found this on the Seaforth's website:

18th Sept LOOPALLU WEEKEND

Friday night - Vic Galloway DJing at the Seaforth

19th Sept LOOPALLU WEEKEND

In the day outside: Iain Tonken MacDonald & Tosh- singer/songwriters

Evening: Rythm & Reel