Good mainstream rock bands at this years Glasto?

Guest biscant

Trouble is the rawky rawk bands tend to gravitate towards Download and Reading/Leeds rather than Glasto, which is more what has variously been called indie/dadrock/britpop/whateverit'scalledthisweek. So you're always more likely to get your REMs, Blurs and Oasises than your AC/DCs, Rages or Maidens. Would be nice to see some old-fashoined rawk knock the socks off the Pyramid stage though :huh:
Edited by sifimaster

Not my place as I've never been to glasto, but read someone say Biffy on an afternoon slot on the Pyramid Stage(which i think is the 'main stage' yeah?)

They'd be wasted on that type of slot, sorry. Saw them at T08, and have watched vids on youtube of them playing afternoon slots previously at T. They also done Reading/Leeds in the afternoon last year and although they're brilliant their sound is better suited to a smaller arena, purely for their sound atmosphere.

Saw them on their headlining tour at Glasgow last month and they were exceptional, but their sound is better suited to an arena/tent than out in the open, plus better songs get played when they've got a longer set.

i think the days of anything harder than QOTSA have well and truly gone.

i also agree that the harder bands are always going to gravitate to reading and download because they know that the majority of people there will be their fans, where Glasto is so eclectic they are bound to get an audience, but what sort of size it would be is debatable.

on the rock front though, id really like the Silversun Pickups to be on the list somewhere.

No where near the mainstream as yet and i have no idea what stage or when they'd play.

But im hoping they will break into the big time this year, they will have a new album out around them so maybe its possible

i think the days of anything harder than QOTSA have well and truly gone.

i also agree that the harder bands are always going to gravitate to reading and download because they know that the majority of people there will be their fans, where Glasto is so eclectic they are bound to get an audience, but what sort of size it would be is debatable.

on the rock front though, id really like the Silversun Pickups to be on the list somewhere.

No where near the mainstream as yet and i have no idea what stage or when they'd play.

But im hoping they will break into the big time this year, they will have a new album out around them so maybe its possible