Good mainstream rock bands at this years Glasto?

Guest biscant

I would be all over some Paramore or Biffy on a big stage this year but if any I think one is highly more likely than the other *cough* biffy *cough*. Some louder guitars and bigger hooks would be nice to hear than the ramshackle or technicolour bands who currently claim our charts. Thought there was a big whiff of radio 1 in the air in the new bands I walked past and it was only the bigger sounding rock bands like Black Mountain, Kings Of Leon and The Raconteurs that really ticked my boxes in terms of modern guitar based music to get me going. There was room for so much great bands and artists this year MGMT, Jay Z, King Sol all it would take for me to be completely satisfied would be a few more bigger rock acts on the higher stages, I was really torn with Biffy and Jay Z, Persumably the line up won't be as 'on the cheap' this year *though last year was still amazing*. At risk of further digression: do yo think Biffy will be back this year on the other or pyramid stage? haha :lol:

Edited by biscant

Biffy love their festivals, they were at the 3 i went to last year plus atleast 1 or 2 more, i woudnt be surprised. But they headlined John Peel last time, i'd be surprised if they could get a better slot than that.

Grrrr last year i spent most of the headline slot trying to find biffy then stumbled upon JZ and the atmosphere was so good, i was gutted that i missed it.

Biffy love their festivals, they were at the 3 i went to last year plus atleast 1 or 2 more, i woudnt be surprised. But they headlined John Peel last time, i'd be surprised if they could get a better slot than that.

Grrrr last year i spent most of the headline slot trying to find biffy then stumbled upon JZ and the atmosphere was so good, i was gutted that i missed it.

Haha I really wouldn't be surprised if they were I reckon they could top 3 other stage easily you know as an alternative to whatever's on pyramid. I could also see them having a midday pyramid slot like Raconteurs, they're really becoming big. Jay-Z crowd was special probably best I seen other than that for Sweet Caroline haha. At the end of the day I thought I could see Biffy in a similar sized venue next time they tour assumably.

They have played before in the 90s I think. I love the Crowes, seen them a few times back in the day. Missed the last tour mind. Southern Musical and Harmony Companion was one of my favourites LPs for a long long time.

I have a dream that they'll put Skynyrd on the day Neil Young is playing. They could play Sweet Home Alabama, and then old Neil could play Southern Man!

I don't know The Music. Any pointers?

Trouble is the rawky rawk bands tend to gravitate towards Download and Reading/Leeds rather than Glasto, which is more what has variously been called indie/dadrock/britpop/whateverit'scalledthisweek. So you're always more likely to get your REMs, Blurs and Oasises than your AC/DCs, Rages or Maidens. Would be nice to see some old-fashoined rawk knock the socks off the Pyramid stage though :D
Edited by Wooderson