When are the tickets "Officially" on sale?

Guest The_Spoon

I know you can get them and pay for them all now through the deposit scheme but do the tickets go on sale 1st Feb when everyone needs to have their deposit paid or later on?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting a bursary from my Uni about mid-end February that I wasn't aware of and didn't budget on getting, therefore I'm going to use it to get to Glasto for basically free

Are tickets still likely to be available, say, start of March?

Edited by The_Spoon

The deposit scheme has been a great success but will come to a close on February 1st. From February 2nd a limited number of full price tickets will be available, subject to availability and registration. If you are buying a ticket outright you can also buy car parking or campervan tickets

That's from the front page of the official website

There's a bit of confusion on the main site actually.

In Frequently Asked Questions, it says:

Should you wish to reserve a ticket you will be able to pay a fixed deposit of £50 on Sunday 5th October, with the balance due by February 1st 2009.

A second release of tickets will be available from 9am on Sunday 5th April 2009; again you must be registered by March 31st to be eligible to buy a ticket.

Edited by TomfromStroud

What I THINK it means is that x number of tickets (e.g. 125,000) are available on sale until the festival starts. Tickets can be reserved up until 1st Feb but then after that tickets can only be bought for the full amount. Then after that another batch of tickets (e.g. 25,000) are then put on sale in April.

For example:

100,000 sold before Feb 1st. then another 20,000 sold between Feb and April. The second batch of 25000 are added to the remaining 5000 so that on April 5th, 30,000 tickets are available.

...BUT

I may be completely wrong :lol:

What I THINK it means is that x number of tickets (e.g. 125,000) are available on sale until the festival starts. Tickets can be reserved up until 1st Feb but then after that tickets can only be bought for the full amount. Then after that another batch of tickets (e.g. 25,000) are then put on sale in April.

For example:

100,000 sold before Feb 1st. then another 20,000 sold between Feb and April. The second batch of 25000 are added to the remaining 5000 so that on April 5th, 30,000 tickets are available.

...BUT

I may be completely wrong :lol:

Dont get my back pay till end of Feb so im hoping i can get tickets then.

When does the official line up get announced?

Hoping this year will be the year i break my Glasto virginity

Maybe not that late, just in case everyone else gets the same idea and makes the website fall over. Maybe a few days before.

I still don't get people who have paid outright already. I'd rather have four months' worth of interest on £125 in my account than in Eavis's.

Maybe not that late, just in case everyone else gets the same idea and makes the website fall over. Maybe a few days before.

I still don't get people who have paid outright already. I'd rather have four months' worth of interest on £125 in my account than in Eavis's.