Kendal Calling

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod it, sounds like a better site than last year so just bought myself and 5 mates tickets. Loved the atmosphere last year so Ms Stoned will return !!

When is the next announcement? Hubby still playing hard to get there & needs some persuading. Another announcement may tip him over the edge into my pop up tent.

4000 capacity. The site we're using now (Lowther) is used to running events - the part of the site we're on used to be a visitor center with 5000+ visititors a day over the weekends, so it's got the infrastructure in place to get people on and off site quickly.

You're resisting the chance to have me talk shite to you all night twice this year ?? ;)

Come on down misery guts, the site sounds miles better this year. At £70 a pop to get trollied in a field & see The Zutons it'd be rude not to.

Hey, sorry for the delay.. I've been both ill and away.

As we've published on the website, capacity is 6000 this year; that's including all guests, workers and artists. We were looking at 4000 but with what we're offering now - both lineup and activity wise - we couldn't have made that viable. I think you'll understand what I mean when we make what may be the final artist announcement in about a fortnight (fingers crossed). We'll also be mentioning some really exciting activities on site, the likes of which have never been seen at a festival before! I'll post the details on here as and when.

Sharon - we've had surveys by independant contractors conducted of the campsite, carpark and arena and know that the site can happily accomodate up to 10,000 - but I can guarantee we won't be raising the capacity this year.

Kendal Calling, in its’ 4th year? 5th? Last year’s fest was a hit given the monsoon that hit Kendal that week and credit is due to the organisors and stewards for sticking to it the best anybody could. Lesser beings would have cancelled the event and turned everyone around at the gate! Think of the carbon footprint then if all that equipment and all those people had been returned to all corners of the kingdom. Frozen water? 20 tons? Come on?!!!

That the organisors are back with an event that is continuing to expand year on year - in the face of those incredibly difficult weather conditions - bigger and better, with from what I gather, lessons learned the hard way but acted upon (Purpose built arena / location, roads, recycling facilities and much more) is testimony to what was, imho, a great success and as music / party lovers, we should unanimously encourage this kind of spirit lest South Cumbria’s music scene vapourises as it can so easily do.

This forum is no place for petty undermining tabloid journalism when for so many the event will be remembered for a lifetime by those like me, who, soaked to the skin from the first minute last year, experienced a togetherness never experienced in the 70’s festivals or even now outside those ‘walls’. And it rained upon festivals in the 70’s too, but then there were no marquees!

Sharon ‘’’Stoned’’’ again you say you don’t like to winge.Between you and paul wingeing seems to be your occupation. Now, let’s warm up to the Summer Festival Season with happy anticipation, or shut up and stay at home!

Oh, don't answer this post with more venom; the sun's shining and the swallows have arrived. Just raise a glass!

Sharon ‘’’Stoned’’’ again you say you don’t like to winge.Between you and paul wingeing seems to be your occupation. Now, let’s warm up to the Summer Festival Season with happy anticipation, or shut up and stay at home!

Oh, don't answer this post with more venom; the sun's shining and the swallows have arrived. Just raise a glass!

This forum is no place for petty undermining tabloid journalism when for so many the event will be remembered for a lifetime by those like me

Sharon ‘’’Stoned’’’ again you say you don’t like to winge.Between you and paul wingeing seems to be your occupation.

Edited by Paul ™

‘’’’Oh yeah, dur, didn't see that…. WTF , Snow??!!?? Sorry to be a whinger….. Think I'm getting too old for festivals….. I'm losing my sense of humour…..you look rather stupid… But this sounds a terrible waste….. confused & concerned…..we'll be in the same mess…….’’’

Okay, so you're not wingeing. We'll have to attribute all this to your ghost writer or body language.

Actually, yes, you do occasionally sound as though you enjoy the gigs. Then maybe a more careful use of words would help to avoid misinterpretation. See you Friday!