Kendal Calling

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what was the verdict overall of the weekender?

thinking of taking my little sister to her first festival next year to here as it seems a lot smaller and more intermate than others.

reviews above sound good, and apart from the tent robbers (which are at mnost festivals, SCRUBBERS!!!!) think i might give it a try.

what was the campsite at night? was it really loud / knobeds up till daylight playing music and larking about?

also read on the website that there was a family area? anyone stay there? any good?

thanks

I must be the lucky one .... left my handbag outside the tent all night Friday, it was still there sodden on the Saturday & never went in a toilet I wasn't happy to sit down in.

:)

There were some lairy people around the site, especially round the main stage when the Zutons were on, but didn't notice if they had wrist bands or not, I just moved away as they were shouting drivel to each other over the music. One chap who camped near us got brought to his tent cuffed by the dibble Sunday afternoon, they collected his belongings & carted him away.

The only (small) gripe I've got is the queue to get in on the Friday morning. Wasn't very well organised & loads of peole were just walking to the front and pushing in at the sides. Took us nearly 3 hours to get in. But was all forgotten about when tent was pitched, cider in hand and beautiful view to admire.

We're all definately going again next year. Cracking little festival. :)

did anyone hear the announcment on the main stage on saturday about drugs and that 4 people wer rushed to hospital after taking a clear liquid? we all thought it was ghb.

well my mate who works there told us on sunday that they had all drunk a bottle of poppers each - clownshoes! i hope they all make a speedy recovery but drinking poppers?? come on.

also heard someone left a dog in a car in the carpark on fri and someone found it half dead by saturday.

did anyone hear the announcment on the main stage on saturday about drugs and that 4 people wer rushed to hospital after taking a clear liquid? we all thought it was ghb.

well my mate who works there told us on sunday that they had all drunk a bottle of poppers each - clownshoes! i hope they all make a speedy recovery but drinking poppers?? come on.

also heard someone left a dog in a car in the carpark on fri and someone found it half dead by saturday.

Great festival! Highlights were, for me, King Blues, Streets, Zutons and Beardyman. One gripe, however. I wasn't too arsed about the toilets, but thought it was bang out of order that you weren't allowed to take your own water into the arena; then there was no free water available inside. I was even frisked by security and had a bottle of water taken off me! I did manage to get St John's to fill up my water once and later they gave me a free bottle, and I did later hear that free soft drinks were available in the dance tent. But this was not widely publicised and lack of access to free water when people may be taking drugs is a serious health and safety issue; regardless of the morality of drug-taking.

Also, there were not enough water points outside the main arena (none in the Campervan field where I was and a hell of a hike to get some).

Having said that, please don't think I spent the weekend moaning about this. I had a great time and realise that the organisers are still learning; and they said on their website that they were let down by contractors, etc.; so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and be back next year :lol:

Second year at kendal and i gotta say it didn't disappoint!! the queue to get into the campsite was a bit annoying on the 1st day and also the fact they weren't even checking tickets going into the campsite, surely every festival gives you a wristband before you get into the campsite?? Because of this i'm not suprised there were looters and i personally had my cd collection (about a 100 cd's) robbed from my tent. Luckily they were all copies but it is annoying!

Also getting into the arena was alot more tedious than any other fesstival i've been too. pretty sure last year it was just 2 locals on a gate checking noone was carrying loads of beer in which was much nicer. if some of the security had been on the front gate and campsite rather than the arena it would have sped things up.

Overall though it was a wicked weekend, But personally i think the extra 2000 people made it a different vibe to last years but then i suppose all small festivals will in the long ruin evolve into bigger, less relaxed affairs.

one other thing was that i didn't think the sound was loud enough in the traffic tent, last year it was perfect but this year it needed turning up big time!!

Edited by music4damasses