Kendal Calling

Guest burnageblue

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The showground would have been the closest choice but we're much happier with Lowther. Apart from the stunning views and the natural amphitheatre the infrastructure's surprisingly better tuned for a festival, with concrete roads looping the arena and carparks and multiple entrances.

mainstage.gif

I'll hold my hands up and say we grew too large last year on a site that could have coped in good weather but couldn't handle a downpour. We're sticking with the same capacity for 2009 despite the larger site and have listened to your comments from last year (we'll be handing out a free festival newspaper on arrival with all stage times, putting on more non-musical / kids entertainment and creating more areas to chill as well as quite a number of other things that we'll be announcing shortly. If you feel there's anything important I haven't mentioned feel free to PM me).

500 early bird tickets go on sale this Monday at last years prices (£55) over at www.ticketline.co.uk. We'll have our first artists announcements this coming Friday.

New site sounds good, even closer for me now as well - about 30 mins away!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see what the line ups gonna be, hoping to get my ticket sorted on monday, just bought tickets for Rock am Ring so i'll have to get ratching down the back of the couch for some pennies i think !!

Today took us completely by surprise - 9:30am this morning I got a call from Ticketline informing me all early bird tickets had gone. 500 tickets in 30 minutes! General tickets are going to be released on Friday - £70 for the weekend, camping included as per usual, and we'll be announcing some of the acts on the day as well.

Kendal Calling 2009 Wishlist

Any of the following -

Was expecting them all to sell but not that quick ! try'd to get some at my bait time at work (10.45) but they'd all gone, hope these others don't sell out that quick, i know last year they didn't sell out untill nearer the time but with the sucsess of last year i reckon they'll all go a bit quicker.

What time do they go on sale with TicketLine ?

The Streets & The Travelling Band have been announced on the website, along with a few others.

Not going to be able to make it this year unfortunately - should be really good though. Last year was great - the mud dried out eventually, brilliant bands, beer in cans (good for combats), and a really friendly atmosphere.

The Streets & The Travelling Band have been announced on the website, along with a few others.

Not going to be able to make it this year unfortunately - should be really good though. Last year was great - the mud dried out eventually, brilliant bands, beer in cans (good for combats), and a really friendly atmosphere.