Latitude 2009

The Beard

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace Jones?? I mean seriously what the hell?!

Yes there's more to the festival than the headliners but this probably means that everywhere else in the festival will be insanely busy whilst crazy bond woman is on.

What the #@$* were they thinking?

Having said that i'll probably still go.

she produced two of the finest albums of the eighties. But that was the eighties, a truly crap decade for music. ;)

Haha I couldn't agree more! I haven't heard her albums, but the eighties were trully woeful! (Apart from The Smiths, REM and a few others...)

Edited by Davness

i was looking forward to booking tickets to latitude after going there for just one day last year to see Franz Ferdinand. It was reallly fun and had a nice atmosphere. Sadly this year the headline acts are really not that good, and whereas about 6 if us were going to book weekend tickets we have now all decided not to bother. It would have been nice to have had a slightly modern band headlining. Shame i will be missing the comedy arena, but that alone does not justify £160. Shame on the organisers for blatently being disconnected from reality.

she produced two of the finest albums of the eighties. But that was the eighties, a truly crap decade for music. :rolleyes:

i know the 80s is much derided but i actually think it was excellent for music, and im only 23. lots of my favourite bands were around in the 80s...

orange juice

the smiths

joy division

sonic youth

the wedding present

the jesus and mary chain

half man half biscuit

my bloody valentine

the stone roses

husker du

the teardrop explodes

the fall

felt

daniel johnston

yo la tengo

galaxie 500

public enemy

heavenly

tallulah gosh

house of love

houstmartins

echo and the bunnymen

close lobsters

the jam

josef k

the fire engines

the field mice

arthur russell

another sunny day

14 iced bears

aztec camera

beat happening

the birthday party

plus the whole c86 and c81 movements, and thats just all off the top of my head without putting any thought into it.

i think anyone who writes it off as a poor decade for music is pretty narrow minded. sure the charts were full of mostly crap but bubbling under the surface was some fantastic music.

i was looking forward to booking tickets to latitude after going there for just one day last year to see Franz Ferdinand. It was reallly fun and had a nice atmosphere. Sadly this year the headline acts are really not that good, and whereas about 6 if us were going to book weekend tickets we have now all decided not to bother. It would have been nice to have had a slightly modern band headlining. Shame i will be missing the comedy arena, but that alone does not justify £160. Shame on the organisers for blatently being disconnected from reality.

not that good?

nick cave is one of the greatest acts you would ever have the fortune to see, you absolute twerp

i went last year and had a good time. great wee festival. never saw any of the headliners so if i was thinking about going, i dont think it would have too much of an impact.

not that good?

nick cave is one of the greatest acts you would ever have the fortune to see, you absolute twerp

i admit, he is not out of place to headline, but he alone cannot carry the music side of the festival. i am sure the ticket sales for this years event will do the talking.

i admit, he is not out of place to headline, but he alone cannot carry the music side of the festival. i am sure the ticket sales for this years event will do the talking.

Oh in that case I agree with you entirely - the other 2 headliners are utter plopsies.

I actually think if the headliners had been doves, editors and nick cave people would have not moaned anywhere near as much

Oh in that case I agree with you entirely - the other 2 headliners are utter plopsies.

I actually think if the headliners had been doves, editors and nick cave people would have not moaned anywhere near as much

I agree, Editors are quite like interpol, and doves are good, tho maybe they would be the weakest, i think they really should have gone with last years formula, as in, a modern, danceable indie pop band on the first night, a slower night on the second, and for the final night, something a bit older,

Kaiser cheifs, Elbow, Nick Cave would have been perfect for latitude perfect comination of old, new, and intense at times, a very relaxed at times, simple.