Latitude 2009

The Beard

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to latitude...!

I could see Portishead, Massive Attack, Flaming Lips or James going down well at Latitude. Antony and the Johnsons headlined in the first year so doubt he'll be playing again.

Massive Attack and the flaming lips would be quality.

I was hoping for a bit of the national, but i think they're playing in the states at latitude time, bit disappointing, bon iver anyone?

Portishead would be incredible.

And yeah, i think someone has posted before about the national playing some place else at the same time as Latitude, shame, they would be nice :)

Massive Attack are playing a couple at other festivals i think, so they could play :)

ask sungubala as he is the one with all the knowledge of the line up :)

i've been doing a bit of delving into this 'Sungubala Guess Who' game.

got a few ideas to throw in the mix -

Derrick McKenzie - drummer of Jamiroquai (who have played Glasto), also played Live 8 (according to the Yamaha website, i assume with a different band).

Andrew Small - has sessioned for various people including Miss Dynamite (who was at Live 8), and toured with Massive Attack last year....

Ami Rothenberg - drummer of 1 Giant Leap, who played Live 8, have also played Glasto.

McKenzie and Small both teach drumming (Sungubala mentioned he had education work at V Festival).

Not quite sure where the Neil Young link comes in with any of these though...

i've been doing a bit of delving into this 'Sungubala Guess Who' game.

got a few ideas to throw in the mix -

Derrick McKenzie - drummer of Jamiroquai (who have played Glasto), also played Live 8 (according to the Yamaha website, i assume with a different band).

Andrew Small - has sessioned for various people including Miss Dynamite (who was at Live 8), and toured with Massive Attack last year....

Ami Rothenberg - drummer of 1 Giant Leap, who played Live 8, have also played Glasto.

McKenzie and Small both teach drumming (Sungubala mentioned he had education work at V Festival).

Not quite sure where the Neil Young link comes in with any of these though...

Isn't Ami a girls name? :unsure:

Who knows...apart from me of course!

As for Latitude...tickets and lineup on Monday!!

...all it says it that they are the headliners of the main (obelisk arena) stage. No other musical acts are named, and the only other names mentioned are Luke Haines, Robin Ince, Stuart Maconie, Simon Armotage, the Bush, Royal Court and the Royal Shakespeare company.

We will see on monday...