Siblings... to invite, or not to invite?

Guest Fly_Birdie

My sis came to 04. She is not the biggest of fest fans but had a reasonable time. It allowed her to see me in my natural environment and that helped our relationship a lot and the incriminating photos of sibling inebriation you can take for future use is a good laugh!

She was glad she did it but wouldnt go again and is quite happy with her central london small day fests.

My sis came to 04. She is not the biggest of fest fans but had a reasonable time. It allowed her to see me in my natural environment and that helped our relationship a lot and the incriminating photos of sibling inebriation you can take for future use is a good laugh!

She was glad she did it but wouldnt go again and is quite happy with her central london small day fests.

I wouldn't think twice about inviting my brother. He's one of my best mates and we regularly go gigs/fests together. As for incriminiting evidence surely it works both ways, you would be able to have stuff they don't want people to know. Have the friendly little promise what happens at glasto stays at glasto unless your alone together reminising! :lol:

I bought my sis her ticket as a thank-you/Christmas pressie - its her first glasto, I can't wait to see her face when we get there!! For me, her being there to join in all the fun will make it so much better :D

As for incriminating photos.....maybe she has a few skeletons too and feels the same?!?! Failing that, what happens in glasto stays in glasto :):lol:

I went with my brother (he was 18 I was 20) the first time I went, it was awesome - I found out he's more of a stoner than I thought. lol, we've both been going for the last 3 times now, although he can't make it this year - medics have stupid exam times.

Last year my 16 year old cousin came along (the rest of our group are 20-25ish), that wasn't such a brilliant idea, as I think he wasn't quite as used to 11am brothers ciders as we all were, wasn't too keen about all the other drugs (might tone that down when I'm around him this year- I felt like a bit of a bad influence) and also he had a completely different taste in music (he went to see scouting for girls).

That said he's travelling down from Durham again this year (all of his friends go to Leeds Fest) and said it was the best thing he did last year.

So in other words, its always the more the merrier.

My older sister used to invite me to everything and I had the best time, but looking back I think she probably got quite irritated by me. Also if she's a lot younger you might feel a bit protective of her in a glasto-esque situation, which could limit the fun for both of you. But if you go to lots of gigs together and are very close then it will be amazing for you. Last year I me and my sis both went with our own friends but we had some incredible moments when we did meet up!!