Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

l think Hurt is Valeyard - but will he be the main subject of the 50th anniversary?

There's a good piece on the riders and riders here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a482913/doctor-who-and-the-big-finale-question-who-is-john-hurt-playing.html

And is Clara no longer in it? Her role has kind of been given a full stop

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l think Hurt is Valeyard - but will he be the main subject of the 50th anniversary?

There's a good piece on the riders and riders here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/tubetalk/a482913/doctor-who-and-the-big-finale-question-who-is-john-hurt-playing.html

And is Clara no longer in it? Her role has kind of been given a full stop

I thought that while watching the episode about Clara but then he went into his timeline thing and carried her actual being out so I took that as a part of her splintered off into his timeline but her actual being has been restored.You know,what with her still being 'the impossible girl'.

I thought that while watching the episode about Clara but then he went into his timeline thing and carried her actual being out so I took that as a part of her splintered off into his timeline but her actual being has been restored.You know,what with her still being 'the impossible girl'.

She's signed up for the next series I think. But as to who she is - the 'original' Clara or one of the echoes, who knows? As for John Hurt, I think it's great there's so much speculation about exactly Who he is. I'm not putting my money on anything yet. :) I do wonder if the talk about choosing the name will feature more - he's the Doctor, but he isn't really because he chose not to be. Some of the theories seem to be getting a bit quantum. Or timey wimey wibbly wobbly.

Seriously though. John, motherfucking cool as fuck, Hurt. I still can't get my head around it.

When he was stood with his back to them I thought it was Ecclestone, at first. My personal belief is that he is the doctor that fought in the time war who then regenerated into our friend from the north (all planets have a north, you know).

He looked gritty as fuck. Sort of carrying on the steampunk vibe of recent series, rather than the more sharp direction the current doctor is taking (less of a raggedy man, more of a dandy) along with the Tardis' internal reworking.

• 2 weeks later...

Aha - so could this mean Smith will regenerate into John Hurt's Doctor? Is this why he was crying and why he was so shook by it all - it wasn't because he was visiting his grave, but because he knew he was going to confront his future as the bad Doctor - the Doctor that broke his promise.

He knows he's going to become this guy.

Should be interesting to watch. Could see Smith kicking and screaming his way through this regeneration.

Could John Hurt be the actual next Doctor? Would be great to speculate what it was he did.

Shame we won't see Smith get a really good run against The Master though.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Gutted,I was looking forward to another year of Matt after his comments on 'The Jonathon Ross Show' but now it seems not.

Seems the press are high on it being a female or black doctor next time out.I don't think I'd enjoy it with a female doctor as much.

Gutted,I was looking forward to another year of Matt after his comments on 'The Jonathon Ross Show' but now it seems not.

Seems the press are high on it being a female or black doctor next time out.I don't think I'd enjoy it with a female doctor as much.

The press came out with the exact same shite when Tennant's exit was announced.

Wouldn't pay it much attention.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• 1 month later...

For some reason I can't help thinking that the whole John Hurt thing is going to end up being some sort of made for cinema episode and interlink with, yet stand alone from, the series. I am probably wrong, but it just makes sense to me.

Hurt seems to be a past Doctor that hasn't been spoken of, potentially the incarnation that made him choose the name Doctor to try and right some great wrong.

All betting has been suspended on Cipaldi now, so I guess the bookies are pretty certain.

I've seen fan-made Dr Who with an actress playing the lead and it can work. And obviously there's talk of the worst black actor of all time, Edris. Yes, the gormless, emotionless mumbler from Ultraviolet who has been doing the same gormless, emotionless mumbling his entire career. He's sexy, but crap.

How about it changes his gender, race, and ideology?

I reckon it should be Oreke Mosheshe playing a hardcore Islamist Dr Who.

That'd rouse the cluckers in the Daily Mail coop.

Hmm, I think it's tricky following Tennant and Smith with anyone who isn't going to be bringing in the teenyboppers. Might please the bitter jaded old farts who loathe the likes of Smith because he's a bit camp and young to bring in someone who's known for crabby performances, but it won't really enthral Who's current, main audience. It's got to be someone you could see most of the Tennant/Smith audience getting on with because that's Who's audience now. Trying to please die hard old-Who fans is an uphill struggle that probably won't pay off because they often strike me as the kind of people who live exclusively in the past, rose-tinted specs welded to their head, stubbornly hating anything because its new regardless of quality. It's not what they're used to so it will get written off and many people will do that. The best thing they can do is not end up doing that with the audience they already have. Basically - do whatever The Daily Mail will detest.

Personally I don't care that much. As long as it's good.

Edited by Purple Monkey