Benicassim Apartments. BE WARNED!

Guest danbrown1983

Hey folks,

I just thought I would share my experience of last years festival regarding apartments.

We booked a 2 roomed apartment through a woman called Christina (who posts adverts on lots of forums). We thought it was expensive at the time, but we were very un happy when we finally arrived. The washing machine didn't work, the cooker didn't work, the handles on the bathroom doors didn't work. So when we called to get it fixed, she was nowhere to be found. We eventually got the maintenance guy around, but he couldn't fix it (although he told us he had). :wacko: We were made to pay an extra £100 for ar conditioning (which barely worked) and they only told us about that charge after we had already commited to the apartment. The apartment itself was similar to a council flat in the way of fixtures and fittings (cheap). It was also dirty and smelly and very, very basic (not worth £1400 for 4 nights). When we got home we emailed Christina to express our concerns and she replied, accusing us of all sorts of made up things, such as throwing beer bottles from our apartment into the swimming pool (bare in mind the pool was on the other side of the building so this wasn't possible). She clearly made these things up as we couldn't prove otherwise and it prevented us from getting any money off. :P

After a few weeks we still hadn't received our deposit back, and we began to get emails from other people who were haviing the same problem. There was a whole group of us trying to track her down, we got each others email addresses from previous emails sent out by Christina as CC so had everyones addresses on. :(

After 3 months we finally got our deposit back minus the charges for transer and exchange (she neglected to tell us we would be paying that too!).

So, before you go for the apartment option, do your homework. There were a lot of people very unhappy with these companies, both who we met in our aprtment block, at the festival and on emails after the festival.

My advice is get there early and get a camping spot under the canopies they but up so you have shade :wacko: . Apartments feel detatched from the festival, camping is the way forward! <_<

Edited by danbrown1983

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to bump this thread up, since it appears Christina has a post advertising at the top of this forum - a pinned post that is closed. Why no opportunity for previous customers to comment? Who approves these pinned posts?

Surely moderators would know from previous posts in this forum that she has a fairly dodgy reputation. People are very likely to assume that anything pinned by a moderator is reputable, and that will discourage them from doing any further research :P