Buying tickets from ebay

Guest calumtom19

I recently bought two Reading 2009 tickets of Ebay for £390 the seller cannot send them through as they have not yet been released (he had got two of the tickets goin on sale early) so I have paid for them hes got the money but I have not yet got the tickets. He's got good feedback and has sold tickets previously with no problems however I am still a little nervous that I will not receive the tickets at all.

Is it a good idea to buy festival tickets of ebay

p.s. are the early entry 2009 tickets sold out

I recently bought two Reading 2009 tickets of Ebay for £390 the seller cannot send them through as they have not yet been released (he had got two of the tickets goin on sale early) so I have paid for them hes got the money but I have not yet got the tickets. He's got good feedback and has sold tickets previously with no problems however I am still a little nervous that I will not receive the tickets at all.

Baaaaad idea, especially this early as you may not be able get your money refunded by paypal as there is a time limit on the refund policy.

Early entry tickets are not available in the presale, they only become available when the main batch of tickets go on sale. So they wont be sold out but you wont be able to find them yet either.

i got ripped off with gig tickets on ebay this year. not covered by paypal because of the time lapsed between transaction and promoter supposedly posting tickets to seller. by the time it was apparent it was a swindle, the seller had closed his ebay account and bank account. they wouldn't tell us how many other people he'd fcucked over.

good luck to you.

Calum, seriously, you've made an arse of it. :lol:

Cross your toes and hope for the best. If your ebay chum comes throu (and he might), then all is good. I think you realy should have waited on the main sale thou. :D

If you had failed in the main sale then you could have used ebay as a very last resort. But very few people on here miss out. There's links and help flying around on T day that helps you get a ticket.

Edited by irons

Or you can claim your money back NOW, as there is no possible way for him to be in possession of the goods he is advertising.

I bought mine for 2008 on ebay in April...... but didnt hear anything til the Saturday before the festival despite many emails... the seller even de-activated their ebay account so i was pretty worried. So i tried to go through paypal to complain but got i messege saying paypal doesn't cover event tickets. Then on the Sunday i got an email from the seller saying they received an email from paypal and that they were angry with me for contacting them and that id get the tickets on Monday. They arrived Tuesday so i had a mad rush to buy camping gear, book time off work etc....

So yeah, eBay can be fine but il never buy tickets from ebay again, my heart would not take it again.

I bought off ebay for TITP last year. I know exactly what you're going through tbh. The only thing reassured me is that this person had sold over 400 tickets and had pretty much 100% feedback. Would I do it again? Probably not, the worry when it comes close to the festi and all your mates have got tickets and yours still hasnt come isn't an experience I want to relive.

i bought mine for 08 on ebay

kept in contact with him through msn and stuff but i still had to go and get the ticket from him on the wednesday as it had only just come then

ebay can be alright but you can get unlucky, so only do it as a fallback

Thanks everyone

Im absoloutley shittin it

If he has bought the tickets they will be released to him when the normal tickets go on sale if all goes well I should recieve them a couple of days after just didnt want to take the my chaces wen everyone else is tryin to get hold of one.

When do the tickets go on sale?

Then I can work out when I SHOULD (fingers and everything else crossed b recieving mine).

If I dont get them wot do I do then cos ive got a couple of months to try ad get my money back and a ticket. HOW? (bearing in my mind by the time I realise my tickets aren't coming the festival will have soldout!)

Last year I brought 3 tickets for me and 2 mates, but one had to drop out so I put it on ebay (sold for minor profit I guess, but was far from intentional, i'm not a tout haha!)

Ticket didn't arrive til tuesday I think it was, where I quickly special delivered it and arrived at the lasses house on the Wednesday morning. Far as I remember, the early bird tickets get sent out earlier, so in theory you are safe doing this... but damn you're cutting it short. I was shitting bricks thinking the ticket wouldn't get to the other person in time, but thankfully everything ended out fine.