Bennicassim 09

Guest katherine:)

hey just wondering about the camping..whats it like?

Cant afford a hotel and dont wanna stink the whole time ahh!!

The advise is bring a hammock not a tent hmmm

What other essential items are needed...suncream obv, is there many insects?

Cooking facilities?

How much is food and drinks?

Would like to do a bit of travel after/before..anyone any advise on where to go what to see? May fly to Barcelona hmm

Thanks for any advice you may have

:P

Edited by katherine:)

It all depends on how early u arrive to benicassim,as far as i know there are 3 camping areas,i suggest u go to the one closest to the festival ,and not sure about insects.there are a couple of shops to buy food in benicassim and a whole street with bars and restaurants and cashiers.Another option is fly to valencia which is closer to benicassim.

Im flying to Barcelona, did the same last year and just got the train down

Theres supermarkets near by to buy food and drink theres also food on sale at the campsites and theres plenty of decent places to get food in town

camping was fine, did it for 6 nights last year no probs at all, no sleeping bag needed just an air bed,

can get a bit hot after about 10am when the sun starts beaming in.

any later than that and u wont be able to stay in the tent, unless you have a nice shady spot.

my tent did get over run by spiders etc, but i was normally to wasted to care.

we stayed at the camping next to the festival site and had a whale of a time

theres plenty of good showers on site, so no need to be smelly , unless you like being that way : )

we flew in Barca last year, then train to Beni and flew out of Valencia, I can recommend both places especially Valencia, really nice old city.

Flying to Valencia is a lot easier as it loads closer, but can get v expensive if you dont book your flights early

• 2 weeks later...

the resaurants are prettyu reasonable or were in 2007 obviously the farer from fest and beach the cheaper . the showers are fine cold but its that hot its all you want

if you want to travel by train make sure you plan ahead and book tickects its not like in england you can't just go to a station and expect to be able to travel in valencia i got told the next train was in a months time so was forced to take a n overno=ight bus to granarda

valencia nice only worth a day figures -horible town but cool dhli museam designed by the man himself also monserat well worth visiting it a monestry up a mountain with cable car very james bond with weird luna esque land scape would also recomend grenarda but a good 7 hours by coach