BENI LINE UP!

Guest festival*girl

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone else is interested, but Doves are releasing a new album and will be touring this year. Would love to see them at Benicassim.

Just as long as there are a good pile of upbeat acts such as Pendulum, Justice etc... I'll be more than happy! :lol:

Today I posted away my Kings of Leon tickets for their show in Columbiahalle, Berlin to the German boy who bought them from me on eBay (I can't afford flights now :P ).

It got me thinking, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand and Kings of Leon are all playing in Europe this Spring in quite similar venues.

Other bands doing a similar thing are Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party. Also, Kasabian are supporting Oasis in the few days before their Beni performance.

How likely does any of this sound? I would quite like to see Bloc Party, but to be honest it seems odd to me that all these bands are touring (maybe festivaling) - like we have gone back in time a year or two.

I'd be canny happy to see doves :) that'd be great stuff, and elbow too!

I can't wait for the rest of line up to be announced though....loads more to come!

Why do people slate the line up every year? if u don't wanna watch oasis that's fine there'll be something else to enjoy too - me, i'm pretty pleased they're playing! Nowt wrong with em!

complained last year cos there were no big names to begin with and now cos there is! Just get ur asses there and enjoy it!!!

yeah i'm suprised oasis are opening on the thursday...better get there in time!

hotels all booked i cant f*cking wait!!! xxx

it'll never happen but i'd love to see bright eyes again at beni...amazing in 07! Just had myself a remender there, oh, and why don't ocean colour scene get in on things anymore?

i'm having a random music night at the moment, so hears a few more i'd be happy to see -

the roots to funk things up a bit

band of horses and the national cos they were my fave at last summers fests

beirut cos they cancelled last year, and beth orton cos she bailed out in 06

foo fighters and flaming lips :)

shed 7 for a singalong and so my mate can mince at the front

justice and erol :)

lily allen cos she's getting sweeter with age

zero 7 (where have zero 7 gone?)

my bloody valentine cos i want to throw things at them

bedouin soundclash cos i've forgotten about them for a wee while

bonobo

okkervil river

ryan adams

girl aloud (mint)

sorry to have bored u all with my thoughts...i really cant be arsed to search sites for rumours and stuff, so i make it up as i go along! you may already know about possibilities etc?this was my break from uni wk for tonight! feel free to tell me i talk bollox :O

adios x

Some great suggestions there!

I was already on board for Beni again even before any bands were announced and I'm quite happy with the bands so far. It gives us a par to work down from at least.

I've been waiting for Doves to tour since 2005, the feckers. They owe me!

Want some TV on the Radio.

To be honest, I don't mind too much - as long there is diversity like last year. Some good bands earlier in the evening and some great DJs and electro/dance acts to throw some serious VodBull induced shapes to until the sun comes up. I'd be chuffed to bits if they ask Justice back. I'd like to re-run that night in the tent every weekend until go deaf.

it'll never happen but i'd love to see bright eyes again at beni...amazing in 07! Just had myself a remender there, oh, and why don't ocean colour scene get in on things anymore?

i'm having a random music night at the moment, so hears a few more i'd be happy to see -

the roots to funk things up a bit

band of horses and the national cos they were my fave at last summers fests

beirut cos they cancelled last year, and beth orton cos she bailed out in 06

foo fighters and flaming lips :ph34r:

shed 7 for a singalong and so my mate can mince at the front

justice and erol :lol:

lily allen cos she's getting sweeter with age

zero 7 (where have zero 7 gone?)

my bloody valentine cos i want to throw things at them

bedouin soundclash cos i've forgotten about them for a wee while

bonobo

okkervil river

ryan adams

girl aloud (mint)

sorry to have bored u all with my thoughts...i really cant be arsed to search sites for rumours and stuff, so i make it up as i go along! you may already know about possibilities etc?this was my break from uni wk for tonight! feel free to tell me i talk bollox :lol:

adios x

• 2 weeks later...
Think of it like this. Whilst all the numpties are at Oasis, you can watch someone else safe in the knowledge you are surrounded by like minded people.

Oasis playing is unlikely to attract more numpties to the festival (They are touring UK before it so anyone who wants to see them will do so then), but any numpties already going to Beni will be drawn to Oasis like flies to sh*te! :P