Just read glasto is catering for the oldies to play it safe this year

Guest reas11

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they tried to cater for us youthful people this year with jay-z and kol and we didnt buy enough tickets apprantly.

I dont know why they just dont take a look at what reading festival are doing every year because they always seem to get the line-ups bang on.

Edited by Ed209

Reading is still just a big gig in a field whilst Glasto is the real deal.

I do think having both Neil & Bruce headline gives a lopsided feel to the top of the bill, but it is only 2 acts

Glastonbury should promote the Dance Village line up more (as its always corking) to get younger people back in

Anyone who decides what festival they want to go to based on what they read in the Sun is probably a nob anyway and i'm glad they might stay away

18 year olds don't go because they're 'all' idiots (i'm 18, most of my friends just think festivals are about the line up, so in turn miss out)

and they also generally prefer reading/leeds, normally the exams are over in time, i'm going this year again, and went during my AS and GCSE's, and they had finished about week before but perhaps thats just luck.

Fair enough, there are a lot of threads with little to no meaning.

It's true though arguably the line up is better at R/L, though next year comparing both sets of rumours i'd have glastonbury any day of the week

Edited by reas11

Im 19 so im not far off you and glastonbury is the much better festival much more too it than the lineup

They just havent got it right with the headliners since 2007 for me i mean jay-z and great was an obvious ploy to attract a younger audience but it wasnt the right sort of younger audience.

I can just imagen Eavis sitting round the table saying "i know young people are into that hip-hop junk, book the best gangster you can" when he made that decision.

I was initially a bit disappointed with the headliners for next year but then I remembered what an amazing time I had this year and still would have done if I didn't see any of the headliners (I did cause I liked them but it made me realise that its so much more than headliners)

Im not sure of the point of all this

If you go to a festival specifically for the line up and glastonburys isnt what you would enjoy seeing then dont buy a ticket

If you go to a festival for the atmosphere and all round madness and couldnt care less about the line up then Glastonbury is probably for you.

World financial meltdown aside, maybe just maybe the bubble has burst with the trendy summer fashion of attending the (or any ) Festival which seemed to happen after 2000 and the ticket sales or lack of are a reflection of how many folks actually want to go to Glastonbury festival.

well to be fair you did post this "i know young people are into that hip-hop junk, book the best gangster you can" which might have sparked it off a bit

As always at Glastonbury there will be loads of acts that appeal to people of all tastes and ages. Glastonbury has never been just an indie rock festival.

But i guess a lot of people will see Bruce & Neil headlining and just not bother with Glastonbury, and decide to go to Reading or god forbid V instead, which is a shame as most people who go once they tend to come back.