womad 2009

Guest jags

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did in 2007 (came by car last year).

If you get train to either Chippenham (Wiltshire -- Bath line from Paddington) or Kemble (Gloucestershire -- Cheltenham line from Paddington), then both are close to the site, Chipp is 12 miles away, Kemble 7 miles away.

From both stations, there should be a free and regular bus shuttle for ticket holders from the station to the site, and back. Check with WOMAD directly, on details.

I did in 2007 (came by car last year).

If you get train to either Chippenham (Wiltshire -- Bath line from Paddington) or Kemble (Gloucestershire -- Cheltenham line from Paddington), then both are close to the site, Chipp is 12 miles away, Kemble 7 miles away.

From both stations, there should be a free and regular bus shuttle for ticket holders from the station to the site, and back. Check with WOMAD directly, on details.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm just after a quick comparison really. I've been going to Glastonbury for a good few years now and also visited Beautiful days and Guilfest, as we've decided to give Glastonbury a miss for this year I was wondering how WOMAD compares to these places? especially in terms of the type of crowd?

We're mostly looking for a nice weekend with a variety of music, good food and preferably real ale :rolleyes:

ta

• 3 weeks later...
Have they banned camp stoves this year?

When we go, we bring a camp stove to make hot drinks with - but my brother's told me thye've banned them this year. So...have they?

No word of this on the WOMAD site, and I doubt any festival would ban camp stoves, (this could change if there were many incidents of stove related fires) the only thing relating to the use of stoves on the WOMAD site is the usual advice about being careful with LPG and fire.

Open fires and barbie's are normally banned for the obvious reasons of things getting out of control and flying sparks etc, tents tend to burn rather well and soon engulf large areas

So just be careful and enjoy your brew

Al

Edited by D Johnson

Thanks for the advice, al!

Can't wait to go this year - some real good acts (though i must admit, many of them i've not heard of before, but after a little youtoubing i'm impressed!).

Love the spirit there - have gone since 2006.