Primavera Sound 2009

Guest ShootSpeed

The Primavera Sound 2009 will take place in Barcelona from 28th to 30th of may. The organisation already revealed a few names:

My Bloody Valentine

Spiritualized

Alela Diane

Kitty, Daisy and Lewis

The Soft Pack

Damien Jurado

Michael Nyman

Throwing Muses

Extra Life

The Vaselines

Gang Gang Dance

More names to be announced during january, knowing that a big part of the names will be said at the end of february.

Getting tickets early enable to have better prices (I got mine for 93€ now and around may it costs usually ~130€).

NO camping at the festival but you can easily get an accomodation in Barcelona, the festival takes place in the city and there is a subway line and several bus lines to go to the place.

This festival is cool, a great mix of rock-pop-folk-electro bands, where you can get to see the next hype (MGMT or Vampire Weekend were there in 2008 for example) and see the great old bands (Devo, Sonic Youth, The Stooges for the last years) and last but not least, lots of impressive bands you don't see that much in other festivals.

On the Primavera Sound forum, one person of the organisation said that all the bands of the ATP stage are all to be known.

Which means you will find some bands of the ATP at the Primavera (not sure that's the one you expect though, let's see...).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you'll be able to get a full idea of the thing by the end of february when we know 90% of the line-up.

Maybe they will bring us good surprises. Anyway, I'm still going, I've got my tickets and already find in the line-up a few bands to be happy with. And I cross my fingers for the next announces!

First bands are at 4pm except on the first day where its closer to 7pm. Bigger names don't start to show until around 10pm. Big names could as easily be playing at 11pm or at 3am as there isn't a defined headline slot. Djs are usually scheduled till 6am but I've heard rumour of it going on till 9am on occasion. I've always ditched around 5am though so cant say for sure.

I've never been to Benicassim but everything I've heard suggests they are totally different festivals. Primavera has no camping and takes place in a location designed for public events. The major stages all have an amphitheatre setup around them which allows you to sit with a perfect view if you want. Theres not too much in the way of natural surfaces except for some landscaped grass. The rest of it is a mixture of stone, concrete and tarmac (but all done so its not ugly.. just not the softest to sit on). Have a search for info on Parc del Fòrum which is the name of the venue.

im giving this fest a try this year. bought my tickets and got my hotel sorted. cant wait.

the line up isnt exactly mouthwatering yet but its not always about big acts (although i would love another smashing pumpkins return). the site looks pretty sweet and im taking a few days before to visit barca.

how far is the site from the centre of barcelona?

also, i checked out a pic from years gone by and there were umbrella's! rain, noooooo! i get enough here!

the setting looks too good to miss though. and there's a beer sponsor. i really cant ask for more.

except one big act, just to keep my school girl type excitement going!

Heading over to this provided none of my exams clash.

MBV enough of a pull for me. Playing twice as well :O:)

Tons more bands to be added. Previous years it has ended up with great line up. I'm sure it will end up the same this year.

Was at Summercase 07 so have been to the site. Good site, easy to get to. Barcelona a tremendous city. Looking forward to it.

im giving this fest a try this year. bought my tickets and got my hotel sorted. cant wait.

the line up isnt exactly mouthwatering yet but its not always about big acts (although i would love another smashing pumpkins return). the site looks pretty sweet and im taking a few days before to visit barca.

how far is the site from the centre of barcelona?

also, i checked out a pic from years gone by and there were umbrella's! rain, noooooo! i get enough here!

the setting looks too good to miss though. and there's a beer sponsor. i really cant ask for more.

except one big act, just to keep my school girl type excitement going!

Anyone know if this sells out fast?

Would prefer to get flights book first

Don't think I'll be able to get tickets before the price goes up... hopefully the Euro is better by the time I get tickets!

Looking forward to announcement tomorrow

Edited by Solero

I don't believe it has ever sold out at all.. even when White Stripes and Pumpkins played. Usually theres a good few people trying to sell tickets around the time it comes around at the early bird prices on the official forum (though they stopped that) and Drowned in Sound forums.

News story confirming all acts announced today and previously:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...-twin-jarvis-sy

A-Trak

A Certain Ratio

Alela Diane

Andrew Bird

Angelo Spencer

Aphex Twin

Ariel Pink

Art Brut

The Bad Plus

Bat for Lashes

Black Lips

Bloc Party

Bowerbirds

The Bug

Carsick Cars

Crystal Antlers

Crystal Stilts

Cuzo

Chad VanGaalen

Damien Jurado

Dan Deacon Ensemble

Deerhunter

DJ Mehdi

The Drones

Ebony Bones

El-P

Extra Life

The Extraordinaires

Extraperlo

f**ked Up

Gang Gang Dance

Ghostface Killah

Girl Talk

Girls

Jarvis Cocker

Jason Lytle

The Jayhawks

The Jesus Lizard

Joe Crepúsculo y Los Destructores

Joe Henry

John Maus

Karl Blau

Kimya Dawson

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

Lemonade

Lightning Bolt

The Lions Constellation

The Mae Shi

Magik Markers

Magnolia Electric Co.

Mahjongg

Marnie Stern

Michael Mayer

Michael Nyman

My Bloody Valentine

The New Year

Oneida

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

Phoenix

Plants & Animals

Ponytail

Rosvita

The Secret Society

Shearwater

Shellac

Simian Mobile Disco

Skatebård

Sleepy Sun

The Soft Pack

Sonic Youth

Spectrum

Spiritualized

Squarepusher

SunnO))) (performing The Grimmrobe Demos)

The Tallest Man on Earth

Throwing Muses

Uffie

The Vaselines

Veracruz

Vivian Girls

Wavves

Women

Wooden Shjips

Yo La Tengo

Zombie Zombie

More still to come too. Looks really good - hopefully I'll be able to get over.

Edited by twenty_foot_chickens