The Pogues

Guest meatyparson

The only time I ever saw Shane McGowan at a fest was years ago at a free thing in Leeds. (it must have been donkeys ago, Kirsty MacColl was onstage with 'em). He was so fukced that the band had to pick him up off the floor every few minutes. It should have been embarrasing, but the fella got the job done and you had the impression that he would of been on the deck wherever he happened to be. Mind you, there were some points when he was the only person there that didn't know the words! Hope they play, but doubt they will.

I've seen them several times and each occasion Shane looks worse.

Ha ha ha................ Excellent!!!

Am going tonight at Brixton, was looking forward to it before! But now even more so!!! Its great it means that you don't have to know the words to sing a long to, because there aren't any!!!!

Went 2 years ago and he was pretty bad then....................

:lol::D:P

Edited by mjcolbert

• 2 months later...

if any of you glastonbury band bookers are reading this please try to get the pogues to play.

i last saw them at glastonbury in the mud in ,85 (along with ian dury and boomtown rats) i worry that if you do not book them this year it may be too late in the future to have the original line up. they do one of the most happy, uplifting singanddance along sets immaginable........please???

the pogues are one of my fave bands of all time and would love to see them at glasto.....best ever gig for me camden electric ballroom december 1990 supported by a band called Black 47 i think they were called....wow! wish id seen them in the 80's before he really lost it, there are some really good youtube clips of the early days to be seen

if any of you glastonbury band bookers are reading this please try to get the pogues to play.

i last saw them at glastonbury in the mud in ,85 (along with ian dury and boomtown rats) i worry that if you do not book them this year it may be too late in the future to have the original line up. they do one of the most happy, uplifting singanddance along sets immaginable........please???