child friendly festivals

Guest shinobiprincess

Yep, Bearded Theory is a very child (and everyone else) friendly festie!

Solfest has a fantastic area for kids of all ages and has won family friendly award before now!

The Croissant Neuf have their own festival, I have not been but I have heard good things and its meant to be family friendly..

Womad.

There was a petting zoo at the big chill a couple of years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Try Weyfest. Small (couple of thousand-ish) so no huge crowds to get squashed in and campsite just a few yards from stages so no treks back to the tent. Set at a rural museum so other attractions (animals, miniature railway, country walks, old buildings to explore) if the music loses its appeal (surely not likely for a well-brought up child?). Some permanent toilets on site and not too much mud even on a very wet weekend. Crowd mixed ages and no bad behaviour. Oh, and great music.

i too have heard good things about Beautiful Days.

also, Cornbury is excellent for kids safety and such, seeing as is more like a big posh garden party than a festy.

And latitude was superb, brilliant atmosphere, very safe, huge kids area, and massive family camping area (but not cheap).

Blissfields is a particularly family friendly affair and won't break the bank either so could be one of two you do this summer :D

Other than that, Larmer Tree and End of the Road have a good shared setting although it's getting pretty chilly at night in mid-Sept (EotR), which is worth considering with little ones unless they're super hardcore. Lattitude and Big Chill probably also worth a shout as have the space and facilities for children.

But, apart from Blissfields, Camp Bestival is super child friendly. Took my one year old there last year and she had a fabulous time as there was genuinely a great deal to do for kids. Plus, the line-up will probably be pretty family firendly but then that's a question of what you like musically really, which is your bag.

Little Chief

Blissfields Festival Navajo Warrior :D

i too have heard good things about Beautiful Days.

also, Cornbury is excellent for kids safety and such, seeing as is more like a big posh garden party than a festy.

And latitude was superb, brilliant atmosphere, very safe, huge kids area, and massive family camping area (but not cheap).

I'm amazed no one has mentioned Wychwood yet which has as much kids attend it as any festival - if not the most children there ratio to adults of any festival

Hmmmm - bizarrely I used the search this thread function for Wychwood - and it came back with no results.

edited to add: ahhh that's because you spelt it wrong!

I blame you for making up new names for festivals - so i was just clarifying what you meant! :lol:

Edited by 5co77ie

Hmmmm - bizarrely I used the search this thread function for Wychwood - and it came back with no results.

edited to add: ahhh that's because you spelt it wrong!

I blame you for making up new names for festivals - so i was just clarifying what you meant! :P

• 1 month later...

Trowbridge Village Pump in Wiltshire - just south of Bath.

They have a Children's Tent with very good kids entertainers and activities from 10am-10pm every day.

It's a manageable size where kids soon get a sense of the layout and meeting points.

Mainly folkie / the sort of music you get at the Glasto Acoustic stage.

I'd happily take a four year old.