FAITHLESS?

Guest srvman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MikeyB37 - thanks for that rapidshare link. have just watched the whole set at work. atmosphere at the pyramid looks electric. here's hoping for a return this year to supplement orbital, daft punk and a reformed leftfield. now please excuse me while i go back to dreaming at work

MikeyB37 - thanks for that rapidshare link. have just watched the whole set at work. atmosphere at the pyramid looks electric. here's hoping for a return this year to supplement orbital, daft punk and a reformed leftfield. now please excuse me while i go back to dreaming at work

Faithless at Glasto 2002 was one of the best gigs I have ever been to ever. :blink:

The atmosphere there was magical with the sun slowly going down over the Pyramid stage.

Maxi Jazz had the great crowd in the palm of his hands. Sista Bliss & rest of band were really lifted by the party atmosphere and played a tremendous set. Everyone in the crowd (around me anyway) was well up for it and we were dancing/bouncing around like mad things especially when they played their classics. Absolutely brilliant ! If you were there you knew you were at something amazing. :lol::):lol:

Even the band thought it was extra special ... i.e. Maxi Jazz's comments at the end of 'We come 1'

Those youtube videos bring back some of that magic :D If you haven't seen them they definately capture that great set in 2002.

(Apart from there being no Glasto 'God is a DJ' for some strange reason :lol: )

So if Faithless do get a shot at Glasto 2009 I would go and see them but as to whether the magic of 2002 could be repeated again I'm not too sure.

Something special like that needs a lot of good things happening together such as a good appreciative crowd, great weather, stage slot time and of course how the band performs on the evening. There would need to be a lot of special circumstances for Faithless to repeat/better their 2002 triumph but I'm sure at the very least we would have a real good time even if we haven't been taken to music heaven albeit for a short period of time.

Yeah bring back Faithless - miss those dance beats :)

I was way back past the mixing desk, and everyone was going mental there as well. That set, and that tune in particular, was just utterly awesome.

Would be great to have them back. The Other Stage would be best I think - I love the Jazz Field as much as anyone else but it simply wouldn't be big enough for the crowd that Faithless would attract.

Didn't they have some kind of falling out with the Glasto organisers though? Or am I remembering that completely wrong?

As I understand it. When Kylie dropped out the other year , everyone was clammering for Faithless , but the organizers

gave it to Basement Jaxx. Faithless were a tad miffed and the rift has not been healed !!!!

Maybe Faithless wanted too much , or whatever I do not know. Some say Faithless could not do it !!!

It needs someone to be truthful and give us the definitive answer !!!! , cos it does seem strange that although Faithless

have played plenty of V and Creamfields festivals since , they ain't been back to Glasto , despite their popularity.

:blink:

Saw them at Ally Pally. They hadn't lost it then (think 2005)

Friends seen them the following year. Also confirmed they hadn't lost it.

The latest album I thought was a new direction - not sure how that would translate to a live performance.

Give Maxi Jazz a break tho... he is now 51. Perhaps it's time he started acting his age....

er.... says me :lol:

It would be awesome to see them live. We stayed in a tipi in 2007 just behind the Park and they played Faithless every night all nigh long. You could feel it through the ground, it was like being rocked to sleep... or techno'd..... when we got back home we had to put it on in the background to help us sleep again!!!

Seeing them on the Glasto DVD always makes my hairs stand on end....... makes you feel good inside!!!