Sunday night 2009, Blur or Orbital?

Guest ashbowe

Blur v Orbital  

133 members have voted

1. 1. the clash is on and it must be weighing on most of our minds as to who we will go to see close out the festival in 2009! Will you be at the Pyramid stage for Blur or going to the Other stage to check out Orbital?

• Blur
    • Orbital
    • Neither

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't understand everyone's obsession with orbital. I'm watching their 1994 performance on youtube and its so quiet and weak. I would need heavier beats to make me properly dancing, what am I missing?!?!

I guess I'm just not really in the mood watching it on my laptop,maybe if I was there I'd feel a lot different. But at the risk of potentially getting bored, I probably wouldn't watch them.

I saw Orbital at Homelands in about 99/00 and I remember it as being one of those rare moments in life when I recognised how happy I was right then and there in that moment. You know how you can look forward to something and know that you'll be happy at a point in the future, or look back and know you were happy at some point in the past, but very rarely recognise it when you're right in it? Any way - Orbital at Homelands, I was right in it.

However - was there at Glasto in 2004 and it was a complete disappointment and never really got going for me.

Blur? In 98 we headed back to The Pyramid field to see them headline but as we wandered across we realised we had completely overdone it and ended up heading straight for our tent and curled up in bed - all Glastoed out! I thought I could listen to it from my tent but I remember drifting out of sleep during The End of The Century and vaguely thinking Awwww - I should be down there!...... before falling asleep again!

So.......erm Blur for me!

For starters, Blur never officially split, so it's just a case of them playing together again and to be honest every professional musician is in it for the money as it's their job!

• 4 weeks later...