I've just seen ******...

Guest Buglet

A few times in recent weeks i've found myself going to gigs and thinking (much the worse for wear), they'd be excellent on such and such a stage on such and such a day. Surely some of the bands doing the rounds at the moment will be up for Glastonbury, so I thought that if we shared our thoughts it might pass a bit of time and give other people some ideas of what to look out for come summer. So.....

I've just (OK, 2 days ago, but lets not get picky too early) been to see Amplifier. With such a huge sound for 3 people (truly obscene riffage is their modus operandi) I could really see them playing an evenng slot on the John Peel sage and pulling it off well. I would heartily recommend anyone go see 'em should they make an appearance.

Anyone got any thoughts...?

I kind of work in reverse to this thread - if I see a band I like at a fezzy my first thought is usually "I'd like to see them in a proper/smaller venue."

I can't ever remember seeing a band at a gig and thinking I'd love to see them at a fezzy.

Saw Jon Hopkins supporting coldplay the other night - very impressed, would like him to be at glasto in one of the dance areas maybe - although don't think it will happen as I think he's supporting them for the forseeable future - not sure if he'd be free for that weekend. Would be good though.

I didn't realise they'd pulled out this year. I know they've been pulling out of a lot of stuff this year - postponing their UK tour, not appearing on Later With Jools Holland etc. Anyway if they are on Pyramid I won't be watching them. Other, possibly at a push. Would much prefer to see them tented.

• 3 weeks later...