Car Failed its MOT today

Guest Haggis

the Glastonbury sticker in the front window. Obscuring vision apparently.

I wouldn't mind, after all rules is rules, but it was a 2007 sticker, meaning it PASSED last year!

They would've failed my other half's on that same thing last year, so they just ripped it off and threw it away, and passed it.

I was furious! I don't understand how they thought they had the right to just dispose of it without permission!

I had to take my 2005 and 2007 off before this years as I couldn't get a 3rd on and I was 'advised' to remove the 2007 at my last MOT.

You can get label remover which is really good - Although I forgot to wash it off before I put this year's on and now it's gone all bubbly! But unless you put it on cling film and blue-tack it in the window there is no way I know of, of taking out the sticker and keeping it. (Other than something really extreme like replacing the windscreen and keeping the glass)

I had to take my 2005 and 2007 off before this years as I couldn't get a 3rd on and I was 'advised' to remove the 2007 at my last MOT.

You can get label remover which is really good - Although I forgot to wash it off before I put this year's on and now it's gone all bubbly! But unless you put it on cling film and blue-tack it in the window there is no way I know of, of taking out the sticker and keeping it. (Other than something really extreme like replacing the windscreen and keeping the glass)

whoo hoo welcome to the club! my '73 VW camper also failed in July '07 on the technicality of the van sticker behind the rear view mirror obscuring the view....the MOT fella wound me up good and proper that it was going to cost me a fortune to get it through...until he handed me a razor blade and told me all i had to do was scrape it off!

my how we laughed.... :)

:D:lol:

• 2 years later...

Some tips for attaching these to your windscreen without the ballache of having to blade it off afterwards!...

- Ideally, use a clear 'display' self cling material, stick the sticker to that, and then that attaches to the windscreen perfectly. Trouble is, display self cling is sort of a printers material so not sure where you could get some from. I used to order A4 sample sheets from paper merchants like Antalis etc

- Use domestic cling film and stick the car park pass to that, but leave about 10% of the area free, i.e. the corners, so that they can be used to stick it to the window. This should then be peelable off without too much trouble or having to knife it off.

It's worth saying that both of these go against exactly what Glastonbury want you to do with the sticker! Because the whole point is that you can't remove it and pass it to someone else to gain access. I'm kind of agree with that, but then i don't want to wreck my car for the sake of their revenue protection really!

Somebody on last years forum said that he laminates them

And then keeps them with all the festival programmes.

looks like uve found a stroppy mot tester! never had an issue with glasto stickers in the windscreen, this year there will be 4 stickers in my van!

each one holds atleast 1 special memory that makes me smile of a morning when i'm pissed off about having to go to work! i'd definately consider taking the motor to a different garage for the next mot!

Edited by chris northwest