Kings of Leon Headlining Friday?

Guest rf8

1 fail for not being able to type

another for just being incredibly wrong

there up there with the arctic monkeys as the most overated and over played band

the only song most people know is sex on fire and thats only because it's played so much on the radio, which also means there shit as it's a band thats 'radio friendly'

I don't like them at all, but a lot of people do and they'd definitely 'fit' as headliners for Reading, didn't their arena shows sell out stupidly quickly?

I think the Friday night would suit them - bands like Franz, Razorlight, even The Darkness have headlined the first day of the festival before so KoL are probably bigger than any of these were at the time they played.

I don't like them at all, but a lot of people do and they'd definitely 'fit' as headliners for Reading, didn't their arena shows sell out stupidly quickly?

I think the Friday night would suit them - bands like Franz, Razorlight, even The Darkness have headlined the first day of the festival before so KoL are probably bigger than any of these were at the time they played.

• 2 weeks later...
1 fail for not being able to type

another for just being incredibly wrong

there up there with the arctic monkeys as the most overated and over played band

the only song most people know is sex on fire and thats only because it's played so much on the radio, which also means there shit as it's a band thats 'radio friendly'

• 1 month later...

They are the ideal band to play really, they fit so many catagories for the festival and to headine it

They have got massive of the new album which as a fan is probably their worst album really. Real fans will know what makes kings special for so many people, not just 'sex on fire' fans who got the album because indie music has decided to be cool for a year or two till the next thing comes along (my money is on groove based thrash rap???). Have seen Kings twice live and think with the new stuff they have to fit in does take away from some of the classic live songs they have. But i really cannot see how watching kings play 'Knocked Up' at the end of the friday night of Reading fest could be a bad thing.

niknik