Other stage headline acts?

Guest WS_Jack_III

Could see it being someone like Bloc Party they're still relatively massive, just under the killers at this year's reading could see them having a big draw to the Other stage depending on availabilty, budget etc also clashes persumably a band like Bloc Party will give the young'uns somewhere to go if they are not up for Springsteen. It seems this years line up was kind of on the cheap but the festival was still amazing. Springsteen and Blur I presume will be a set back, if they are set to play.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually got engaged in paris the morning of the gig. Maybe i was just knackered (the whole getting on one knee thing is exhausting!) but I thought they were complete gash. Misfit Love was pretty good but the rest was rank. 3 weeks prior I saw them twice in Dublin and they tore the place a new one. I always thought theyd play Glasters last year, but i'm kinda glad they didnt. They seemed to be completely wrecked for the majority of the 2008 shows.

The footage on youtube of them with Grohl, Oliveri and of course Lanegan on the Other Stage is pretty cool though.

I actually got engaged in paris the morning of the gig. Maybe i was just knackered (the whole getting on one knee thing is exhausting!) but I thought they were complete gash. Misfit Love was pretty good but the rest was rank. 3 weeks prior I saw them twice in Dublin and they tore the place a new one. I always thought theyd play Glasters last year, but i'm kinda glad they didnt. They seemed to be completely wrecked for the majority of the 2008 shows.

The footage on youtube of them with Grohl, Oliveri and of course Lanegan on the Other Stage is pretty cool though.

• 2 weeks later...
so with the pyramid looking not to good for me due to what e-festivals believe to be the headline acts, i thought i would put across my other stage hopefulls

FRI- The Hives ( don't think it will happen )

SAT- The White Stripes ( i really think this will happen and if it does i will be well excited )

SUN- Oribital ( again really think it will happen and would love it if it did )

what about you?

People are putting acts that are much too big in for this slot.

Look at last year... Panic, Hot Chip and the Enemy. All relatively small compared to the likes of the White Stripes and Franz Ferdinand, Kanye West etc. Razorlight will never play without being on the main stage.

I reckon something like... MGMT, Calvin Harris, Elbow etc. Not overly exciting, but certainly if there are 'oldies' headlining who will polarise the crowd they will need to pick headliners for smaller stages very carefully.

With the exception of Hot Chip, I don't think the one's last year were very apt.

Edited by scappaflow

I had a dream last night that Hard-Fi headlined the Friday (I must've managed to time travel :P). I sincerely hope it doesn't come true :lol:

Really hoping for Flaming Lips one night, but that brings the inevitable clashes...

Edited by kohoutec

If "Covers" showed up none of the staff or security would be able to continue at their posts, such would be his musky magnetic attraction.

I'd expect to have a full 175,000 capacity crowd for the man. No problem to the kid, though the sweat would be pouring out from under the barnet.

:P

DavidCoverdale.jpg